MODO Bass 2 has arrived

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 2

Say NO to CLAP!

I'm loving the sound of that Studio upright.

BTW. Instant lockup in FL Studio using Studio upright and Rockabilly, the work around is. Troubleshooting/Use Fixed size buffers/More/Process Maximum buffers

Update~ The crash has been fixed in 2.0.1 patch
Last edited by MJACau on Sun May 29, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Can anyone report on what the pitch bend range is now? It used to be very restricted, making mpe pitch bend expression useless.

MIDI Learn on the "Control" page seems to be incredibly buggy here.

Using the VST3 version on Windows (Reaper), I was trying to learn Legato slide to a different CC. Result: Reaper crashed.

Using the VST2 version, trying to learn Legato Slide to a different CC resulted in "CC0" being learned. Trying to Learn "Force E string" to E5 first resulted in C2 being selected instead. Tried a few more times and then Reaper eventually crashed again.

I'm thinking this one isn't ready for prime time yet. I'm using the CS version. But crashing my DAW is not enticing me to crossgrade to the full version. This one just needs more time in the oven. Hopefully it works better on Mac because I'd love to get MODO Bass without using Rosetta.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:13 pm Can anyone report on what the pitch bend range is now? It used to be very restricted, making mpe pitch bend expression useless.
Pitch bend is +/- 1 semitone which is meant to be realistic for bass.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:08 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:13 pm Can anyone report on what the pitch bend range is now? It used to be very restricted, making mpe pitch bend expression useless.
But that prevents midi slides on an mpe controller. If it's locked to 1 semitone, then I can't pitch bend from one note even 2 notes higher on my Seaboard or linnstrument.

Why limit it?

Slides are separate and bends are limited to what is realistic on a bass.

I've alerted the team of issues posted here too but please do report them directly if possible so the support team can properly recreate and help the devs get any issues resolved.

Wow. Free update for those with Total Studio MAX 3.5.

EDIT: Err... not quite. The 8 new instruments are not included. This is similar to the Syntronik 2 update.

teilo wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:42 pm Wow. Free update for those with Total Studio MAX 3.5.

EDIT: Err... not quite. The 8 new instruments are not included. This is similar to the Syntronik 2 update.
This is the same as we were discussing recently in another thread regarding T-Racks 6 being M1 compatible for free. This is IK's model:

1. All the stuff you already have, you get upgraded for free
2. Some of the "premium" new features (e.g. new models) you have to pay the crossgrade fee to obtain
3. There won't be an upgrade price, just a "crossgrade" price everyone basically qualifies (own any IK product valued at $99 or more - which I'm counting as "everyone")

So like MODO Bass 1 to version 2, I fully believe T-Racks6 will be the same. If you own any T-Racks processors now, when version 6 comes out with M1 support, you will have all your existing T-Racks processors updated for free. It will cost nothing to get everything you already have upgraded to the TR6 version with M1 support. But what you won't get are the new models that will be included in T-Racks6 that weren't part of TR5 and maybe some other premium features.

And you're seeing that in MODO Bass. If you owned MODO Bass 1, you lost no functionality in MODO Bass 2. But if you click on one of the premium features (new bass models) or certain grooves, you get the nag screen telling you to upgrade. The good thing is the individual T-Racks 6 processors probably won't have the nag screen, but the Tracks 6 CS application likely will.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:08 pm
It's a bit conservative though. I can bend up a full major third on the 12th fret of my bass or at least a minor third comfortably. Also if you're going for realism, you can't bend the pitch down at all (unless you're playing with the tuning pegs which I guess some people do...)

NAD wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:55 pm Also if you're going for realism, you can't bend the pitch down at all (unless you're playing with the tuning pegs which I guess some people do...)
I guess it might be somewhat possible with pre-bending though.
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

Good point, I'll request they take out the downward bend, thanks. (Joking of course, in case anybody didn't realize)

We should have a fix on the way for some issues that have been reported initially. Thank you.

I've just had a quick run through. I can verify that my ver 1 presets load fine, but I'll need to play around to make sure they sound pretty close (or better?) ;)
(then play with the new models and features)

I'd love to see the keyboard *and* the neck of the bass - at the same time.
I like to use keyswitches to change neck positions - and now you cant really see that happening.
I'll have to write the keyswitches on a piece of paper for now - and check that they're doing the right thing.

One under the other is good enough - but the ver 1 way of showing the bass neck with the keyswitches to the left and right of it was ideal.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Peter, how do you purchase the MODO BASS CS bass models in the Custom Shop?
For MODO DRUM CS, you could choose to use Gear Credits upon checkout in the IK store, and it says "Only products available in Custom Shop can be purchased using Gear Credits."

But this is not available for MODO BASS CS, despite it also being "Custom Shop"?
I have a few Gear Credits I wanted to use to grab the standup bass with.

Gear Credits have always been the currency of the Custom Shop. If Gear Credits can't be used for CS models anymore, can I get a refund on my useless Gear Credits I bought?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”