EXT64

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

huh

I wonder, did Jørgen find some spare time or did he sell everything to the first mildly interested person…

Wow can’t wait for the Mac version

Really? Great if it's true, and even better if it's Jorgen who's doing it 👍

:o :o :o

Very cool hope it eventually gets the modular functionality back (unless i'm missing it...)

Had a quick play but sound was very glitchy even with a large buffer on my system. Always liked the simplicty and workflow of this host.

Well, who would have thought after all this time that this great little DAW would restart development with a 64 bit version? I wonder who is behind this - Jorgen? or someone else? It would be great to know. I downloaded it and it and pointed it to my 64 bit VST folder and they loaded just fine, too early to say how stable its going to be. No license needed. There is a new website by the way...............

https://www.xtsware.com/

:-o
Holy F#@€ is this a dream?
Last edited by donquixote on Mon May 30, 2022 11:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

dellboy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:22 am Well, who would have thought after all this time that this great little DAW would restart development with a 64 bit version? I wonder who is behind this - Jorgen? or someone else? It would be great to know. I downloaded it and it and pointed it to my 64 bit VST folder and they loaded just fine, too early to say how stable its going to be. No license needed. There is a new website by the way...............

https://www.xtsware.com/
What's been taken out of it?

Currently the whole app seems to be just the sequencer module. No modular capability and no synth, effects or drum machine.

I can live without that stuff but would miss the modular side, my brain still prefers wiring up effects to, say, a drum machines outputs than using send etc in other daws.

modular its there (window menu, choose modular). old looks themes work but when app reloaded it loads the default again, no looks tab on setup yet.
Last edited by donquixote on Mon May 30, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dellboy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:22 amI wonder who is behind this - Jorgen? or someone else?
This is almost certainly the work of the original creator. I've been around software development long enough to know that it is very, very hard to take over another codebase or find someone to take over your own unless the software is massively popular or specifically useful. XT is neither. It is, however, an awesome DAW and I am very excited to see the project is still alive.

I don’t even remember why, but I never switched to eXT 2, greatly preferring eXT 1 for whatever reason… so I guess I hope it goes back to those roots. I have never really bonded with any other DAW since. Very happy to see new development of any kind though!

donquixote wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:55 pm modular its there (window menu, choose modular).
ah, so it is.

And you can get the effects and synth from there too.

So, ignore me, I have no idea whats missing besides the drum machine unless i'm missing that too :)

So I just made a little five bar song using audio only to test the robustness of this 64 bit alpha version. Everything went fine until I tried to save it, and it just went pop and was lost. I had a look on the website to see if there is anywhere to send feedback and the only way is by email. So I guess all we can do is post feedback here and hope that the developer (Jorgen?) sees it and posts a fix on his new website.

I've had it just go a couple of times, loading a vst, hitting record etc.

Though I used to have the Record issue with ext2, if i accidentally held down R too long so it auto-repeated then it would crash everytime.

I guess the whole point of an alpha.

Return to “energyXT”