EXT64

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The problem I reported only occurred when I added samples to a project before first saving it, which probably explains why some other people weren't seeing it. The latest beta fixes that.

Hi,

Does this new 64bit version support Audio recording? It runs on Linux with Wine/WineASIO but it says Audio Recording disabled, wasn't sure if this was across the board in Windows as well or just because I'm running it in a non-standard way..

I'm using it on Windows and I was able to record audio.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:46 pm I'm using it on Windows and I was able to record audio.
Ahhh, must have been a glitch or WineASIO wasn't running properly, it's working now, cool!

Using the beta from March 5th

OK,

Finally got some VST's into this EXT64 experiment (*note running on Linux with Wine/WineASIO) Things are very flaky, VST's open their Windows but once you click on them the windows disappear, if you close all windows from the EXT Window menu and re-select a VST from a track header the Window will reappear and then vanish again when you click on it, this seems to happen with a lot of different VST's I selected at random. Also things like AudioThing 'Bubbles' opening it's registration window freezes energyXT completely.. Anyway I assume this stuff all doesn't happen on Windows or else we'd be hearing about it so I'm gonna conclude since there is zero indication that we will see a Linux version of EXT64 and since EXT64 running in Wine is pretty much unusable I'd better quit while I'm ahead and not muddy the waters here any further with irrelevant bug reports. Back to my super-hacked Linux 2.7 build for now I guess...

Does any one know if the drum sample player will be implemented again? I liked the sequencer view of it a lot.

dermichl wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:13 pm Does any one know if the drum sample player will be implemented again? I liked the sequencer view of it a lot.
Hi, I don't think anyone really knows anything since there is VERY limited info on the webpage. It is hard to guess whether the intention is to simply provide and keep it as a simplified sequencer or whether the intention is to get a 1.0 release with the 'wheels and chassis' running smoothly and then add in the synthesizer, drum sampler, multi effects (and hopefully VST3) in subsequent releases.?

There is wisdom in both approaches as there are literally now hundreds of free VST's and a growing number of CLAP Plugins that are better than the now aging energyXT built-in stuff was but EXT64 being able to import and play .xt projects from older versions sure would be sweet

accidental double post, Mod feel free to delete
Last edited by AVLinux on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AVLinux wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:26 am OK,

running on Linux with Wine/WineASIO) Things are very flaky, VST's open their Windows but once you click on them the windows disappear, if you close all windows from the EXT Window menu and re-select a VST from a track header the Window will reappear and then vanish again when you click on it, this seems to happen with a lot of different VST's I selected at random.
Further notes* If you're experimenting with this on Linux with WineASIO... Setting Wine to run EXT64 in a Virtual Desktop (set to your own Display size) seems to solve the vanishing Plugin window issues, as a side note this also makes MuLab work fairly well on Linux.. I wouldn't say it's an optimal way to run things and using Windows is prolly better advised but if you use Linux and want to try EXT64 out that's what I would suggest for now.
shot-2023-04-16_09-39-22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beta 1.0 – 4-june-2023
midi part chord transpose setting (Cm, G, A7 etc, non destructive, C is root base) in object bar
midi part coarse tune per part (non destructive transpose)
duplicate selected notes in part editor (Ctrl + D)
bugfix: after open plugin bank (.FXB) did not refresh preset name in dropdown
bug: duplicate track did not add velocity lane
minor bug fixes and improvements

What is this?!???

I never clicked with Ext2, but 1.4 is still incredible. Will have to have a look at this as well. Glad Jorgen is - possibly - back onto making brilliant things
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Nice, great news!! I had checked many times throughout April and May and then kind of forgot about it, great to see a new Beta!

Anyone noticed this one?
https://www.xtsware.com/?page_id=50
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

hmmm, interesting. but could explain why the EXT64 betas have slowed to a crawl.

Easy... don't spit on bread :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “energyXT”