NI - Reaktor 5/6, Kontakt 5/6 and Guitar Rig 5/6 = Compatibility?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Rig Pro Kontakt Kontakt Player Reaktor Reaktor Player

hi guys, yeah i am pretty sick of NI, how they f*cked up a lot of my projects with the crappy service center issue (i know they announced it, sadly i wasnt much active in that time and also changed my hardware..., but i got some stuff figured out on my own and got mostly Kontakt 4 issues left so far) and im no fan of their support at all. but yeah i see the Summer sale and the update price for around 200 bucks is pretty tempting with the new versions and Granular stuff mostly.

so im wondering. will the new version f*ck my projects even more up? :D

i read Kontakt 6 or Reaktor 6 is making things incompatible? or wrong news?

i got Reaktor 5, Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5 in my projects (excluding my older projects now) and Native Access. if i would update/upgrade will my projects get loaded? is Reaktor 6, Kontakt 6 and Guitar Rig 6 compatible with previous versions? i see not many new stuff in there added so i would not upgrade/update for the 3 products but some others.

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

K6/R6/GR6 won't replace K5/R5/GR5 in your projects (so you need to keep versions 5 installed), but NA supports and authorizes all of them so you'll be good.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:05 pm K6/R6/GR6 won't replace K5/R5/GR5 in your projects (so you need to keep versions 5 installed), but NA supports and authorizes all of them so you'll be good.
thx a lot, you help me a lot with these issues!

stupid question i guess so, but i can also import the presets from K5/R5/GR5 into the 6 Versions?
so i could replace the instances in future/when i reload them maybe? (i learned to save my multis thanks to you and others and i also make pics from now on....).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes you can import presets.

Return to “Instruments”