Those who wanted to keep your music as hobby, what are your musical hobby goals?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:44 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:42 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:36 pm of course shes happy, shes not under a totally shit deal where she gets feck all of the money.
and who wouldnt be happy if one of their hits charted again after so long?
Point being, that she believes that Stranger Things is the reason for the resurgence, as I speculated earlier.
not really a surprise though is it? films and tv do that all the time with breaking songs.
in fact, i believe the first time running up that hill was released, it was helped along by being the theme tune to a teen drama over here.
I vaguely remember my twink hookup telling me something about Buffy the Vampire Slayer,but that may have been the Chromatics cover...or not and,again,something from a show that resonated with a new generation of LGBT
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:48 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:36 pm of course shes happy, shes not under a totally shit deal where she gets feck all of the money.
Point being, that she believes that Stranger Things is the reason for the resurgence, as I speculated earlier.
not really a surprise though is it? films and tv do that all the time with breaking songs.
in fact, i believe the first time running up that hill was released, it was helped along by being the theme tune to a teen drama over here.
I vaguely remember my twink hookup telling me something about Buffy the Vampire Slayer,but that may have been the Chromatics cover...or not and,again,something from a show that resonated with a new generation of LGBT
charmed too.
gave how soon is now a bit of a resurgence.

Yep. All yer finest alternatives

i know kids of ten who are loving black sabbath and led zeppelin, because marvel!

Yeah, totally, I'm not surprised either, and good for her! I just think that when you have a show as big as that and an old hit, the show is definitely going to be the dominant factor in any resurgence.

as well as the driving force that helps make the show popular enough to bring a song back
Running Up That Hill is a staple in the LGBT/alternative community for obvious reasons. It has been for decades. That's what has driven multiple covers of it and I would not be surprised that it's the reason for the inclusion in Stranger Things. They know their audience

Other may want yo drive whatever point home, but this is not some deniable thing

Chemik wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:24 pm AND....back to the topic.

I've been writing songs and making cassettes, CDs, now digital albums since 1988. I've played live in my old industrial band back in the day. Why do I constantly write music, keep releasing albums, even though I have never made more than $150 over my entire musical life, a mere tiny fraction of what I put into making music? Because there is nothing like writing a good song. If even one or two people end up buying one of my albums, then that is 1 or 2 people more who got to hear that song you were so proud to write. Makes it all worth it to me.

Sorry guys, but I'm really bored with the bjork bush fan club, so I'm going to pick up with this, which is actually on topic.

I find that other people listening to my music doesn't motivate me to write new music. I've become indifferent to it to some degree. It did when I used to play live. I still write and release (for some definition of release), but I don't care if other people listen, sometimes they do. I care that I still want to experience it over time. Sometimes I don't so I started leaving my stuff unreleased for a year or two to make sure that I still like it long after the love affair is over. These days, it just stays unreleased, and I still listen to some of it. It's the act of finishing it and uploading it that provides the bookend, not other people listening.

bjork was on topic of you read back and it's you going on about kate bush and stranger things.

Yeah it was kinda weird that we had moved on to remixing turning in to music making and then back to the Kate Bush thing

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:09 pmThat there are songs with nonsense lyrics doesn't mean that people don't connect to lyrics, as I said, e.g., Candle in the Wind, or that people don't misinterpret lyrics and connect to the misinterpretation. All are true statements and there is plenty of evidence for this.
So basically you are agreeing with me that, by and large, lyrics don't matter. Some people notice, most don't and having nonsense lyrics is no barrier to success. Do you think Imagine would have been as successful if it had been written and performed by John Q. Nobody, rather than John Lennon? I doubt it. With it being pretty much the first post-Beatles single from any of them, it was as much a case of good timing as anything, I think.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:36 am
ghettosynth wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:09 pmThat there are songs with nonsense lyrics doesn't mean that people don't connect to lyrics, as I said, e.g., Candle in the Wind, or that people don't misinterpret lyrics and connect to the misinterpretation. All are true statements and there is plenty of evidence for this.
So basically you are agreeing with me that, by and large, lyrics don't matter.
Nope, I'm not agreeing with you.

Schrödinger's bullshit
ImageImageImageImage

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:38 amNope, I'm not agreeing with you.
Yes, you are, unless you mean that everybody connects with all lyrics, all the time, but I'd have thought you weren't that stupid, TBH. Perhaps I was giving you more credit than you're due? If you were correct, those nonsense lyrics songs, like Surfin' Bird (or The Bird is the Word, which is a different song, apparently), would never have been successful. The fact that so many songs with nonsense lyrics are wildly successful tends to say otherwise.

When I saw Fischer Z a few years ago in The Netherlands, the only song anyone seemed to want to hear, despite John Watts having some truly deep and meaningful songs, was Limbo, which goes a bit like this -

A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, the razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, the razzmatazz is a pain in the bum
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
Wooha
A riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again, a riddle, a piddle, a middle, again
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
The razzmatazz is a pain in the bum, wo, wo, wo-ho
Limbo
Limbo
Limbo
Two, three, four
Ha, ha, ha
Limbo
Limbo?
Limbo?
Limbo
Limbo?
Limbo!
Limbo?
Limbo

People were screaming for it so much he just plonked it into the middle of the set to shut them up. (I could see the set list from where I was standing, it wasn't on it.) They connect with it because of the energy the song has, for the catharsis of dancing like a maniac to it for two-and-a-half minutes. Surfin' Bird would be the same, I reckon (especially when The Ramones do it). People love songs for all kinds of reasons but I don't think a connection to the lyrics is one of the bigger reasons.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Mod Edit: stay out of this thread plz

Thats tolerated, but Im not?!
f**k you
Last edited by highkoo on Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

ok, let's try again if you plz...olz leave the attacks out of it because next time I'll click the "delete permanently" box
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”