Serum development

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Love this synth.
But is there any further development and adding of new features for this synt or is it all done?

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join their discord channel, Steve is pretty active there. (how to join is on his forum on xferrecords)

vst3 is for instance currently in beta.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:15 pm ...vst3 is for instance currently in beta.
rsp
Not with the latest beta versions available in my account...

You have to join the Discord to get access to public beta channel to test VST3

vertibration wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:22 pm You have to join the Discord to get access to public beta channel to test VST3
Oh, ok... I thought the versions in my account with a "b" inside the name were the betas...

classic wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:53 pm Love this synth.
But is there any further development and adding of new features for this synth or is it all done?
I think its done.

Too much messing around with the original version will impact what made it successful in the first place.

If you want an ongoing project synth Arturia Pigments and KHS PhasePlant are where the innovation and frenetic updates are these days.

zvenx wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:15 pm Join their discord channel, Steve is pretty active there. (how to join is on his forum on xferrecords)

vst3 is for instance currently in beta.
rsp
Steve took down the link to the discord...

that is one thing I hate about discord, it is like you need to belong to a cabal to get an invite :evil:
dedication to flying

I hate discord, with a passion but so many companies use it now.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:53 am I hate discord, with a passion but so many companies use it now.
You are not alone and I think I will never belong to that family...
I fear I am too old, too narrowminded for this youngster tool... 8)

Trancit wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:34 am
LeVzi wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:53 am I hate discord, with a passion but so many companies use it now.
As a 50 something. Discord is great. No different to any other bulletin board that we have been using for the last 30+ years.

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:05 am
As a 50 something. Discord is great. No different to any other bulletin board that we have been using for the last 30+ years.
I agree, it combines the benefits of realtime interaction from FB (and adds to it with voice chat, screen sharing etc) with the structure of more traditional boards like KVR without adverts or other BS that permeates most other social media platforms.
Always Read the Manual!

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:05 am
Don´t count me in... I have never used any "bulletin board" (whatever that might be...) ever...
For me this is like making music with a 30 year old Tracker...
And I don´t see any benefit in changing this...

No Facebook, no instagram, no Twitter, no anything... I was never interested in this spy ops...
If someone manipulates my life, it´s me! 8)

Call me old school but I prefer to meet my friends in real life and if I want to have a talk to a company I expect a user forum or similar but go away with these "boards"...

Well, to be fair, Serum is still being updated and maintained, but no new features are being added.

I think serum needs another filter and loop points for noise. That would be enough.

Return to “Instruments”