Korg WAVESTATION Legacy - Patch always resets itself after reloading project

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Use MIDI CCs 16 and 17 to set the joystick position. Or write some host automation to force it into position. This is also not saved in a patch on Wavestation, IIRC.

BTW I haven't had any issues with my old projects when updating to latest version.

another riddle for me solved, thx so much guys you help me a lot! :)

gonna install the upgrade soon.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hi

Bumping this in the hope that someone might be able to help me. I'm having a similar problem in that if I turn down the volume in a wave sequence of a specific sound it always resets the volumes. For instance, the patch I'm working on has two banks loaded and both those patches have specific sounds in them that I don't want to hear. If I click on the wavename in the patch editor I'm taken to the wave sequence where all the sounds for that sequence are listed. I turn down the ones I don't want and then go to edit the second bank but once I touch a level setting in there it resets the levels for the other bank. Very frustrating.

I've been tearing what little hair that I have out.

Anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.

Have you read through this thread (and one other I recall) where I painstakingly explain how the WS works in this regards, and how and why you need to save to not lose data? It's all been explained, and typing it out again isn't going to reveal anything new.

TL:DR; Just like a synth, you need to save your edits back to the synth, otherwise when you turn it off (ie, close your DAW), the next time you turn it back on, the sounds saved in memory will not have any of your unsaved edits.

And if you are editing an asset that is used in multiple parents (eg, a wave sequence), editing that wave sequence will result in that edit bing heard in all the patches that use it.

In short, edit something, and don't save it, and it will not be saved. My guess form your description (although it's not entirely clear), is that you are editing a wave sequence, but not saving it. And then editing it again, and finding your edits weren't saved, hence reverting back to the saved values.

If you're really stuck, post some screenshots of exactly what you are doing and I can hopefully tell you what the problem is... :tu:

My mistake, I omitted to post the screen shots.

I have read through the thread and I have also tried several times saving what I'm working on.

The actual resetting is happening before I even get the chance to save.
Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 22.09.26.png
In the above screen shot you can see the patch that contains Osc A & Osc B. I want to edit some of the sounds from these.
Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 22.09.48.png
If I double click on the wavename I am taken to the wave sequencer. If I turn down the level for the first sound in the sequence, for instance, Perc Bell and then go to Osc B and adjust the level to any of the sounds there it will instantly reset everything I have adjusted in Osc A. I've even tried making these adjustments to one oscillator then saving and then adjusting the second one to no avail.

I did read through the thread, a few times, but as it didn't address the particular problem I'm having I then posted about the problem I'm having.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Here's a link to a video of what's happening. Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wyph0ymbn7gb ... p.mov?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wyph0ymbn7gbup/WS%20Clip.mov?dl=0)

Return to “Instruments”