The Studio Log - What Did You Do In The Studio

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

most recently, saw foosnark in the make noise live chat! 8)

then didn't bother trying the patching, as wasn't in the mood for sample diving for a starting point.
still need to rewatch to get my head around the morphagene settings.

but did have some fun with the rack anyway :D

I don't even have a Morphagene, I was just waiting on something slow at work and was curious what Walker was up to this time. :hihi:

ah! i love morphagene, as you may have saw yesterday, it's still quite a mystery what it's fully capable of??
all those different settings in the code, to change the way it works??

there was another guy a couple of weeks back, i think it was matt? sorry if not, but it was a 0coast patch, using morphagene to build chords, which was bloody lovely 8)
and the shared system patch last week:o that was wild!! and so few connections but so much sound possibility:wheee: definitely worth watching if you didn't already!

I missed that one so that’ll be good to come back to.

I’m also still stuck on the Morphagene mystery bus after not using it too much before the Jamuaries. I had some fun stuff recorded before with it, but it’s not the kind of thing to just put aside and come back to.

Still, I know I missed out on setting up the different modes after watching the Drums & Bass, and then the Breakbeats one.

elxsound wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:43 pm I missed that one so that’ll be good to come back to.

I’m also still stuck on the Morphagene mystery bus after not using it too much before the Jamuaries. I had some fun stuff recorded before with it, but it’s not the kind of thing to just put aside and come back to.

Still, I know I missed out on setting up the different modes after watching the Drums & Bass, and then the Breakbeats one.
yeah it's the modes, same when they talk about setting various bits on 0coast. especially as im usually sat away from the rack, watching the premier, so its there in particular i find it hard to follow what he is doing.
but then watching later, im ok with most things, until we get to changing settings.
but im seriously enjoying the ride, as it just seems more and more things are possible.

and at the moment, i definitely prefer the videos where they patch stuff i already own, they cost me less than the others :lol:

Couldn’t agree more. My wishlist is the models they consistently use, that I don’t have.

Very effective marketing!

bit worrying now that xpo has been out a while and superbooth is coming soon...

could be a new release soon :o

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:59 pm bit worrying now that xpo has been out a while and superbooth is coming soon...

could be a new release soon :o
Ouch. If they have a new desktop, I don’t think I’ll be able to resist.

id need a new 4 tier stand :o

or just get another 3 tier, for the next two :lol:

something that combines some of morphagene with lots of mimeophon would be nice as a desktop.
add some effects to the other three for a travel rig.

Finished my 303 heavy jam track. Going to try to remember to use the 16n Faderbank more often, makes manual parameter modulation on soft synths a much smoother experience than dragging shit with a mouse.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Bro-1 arrived so been playing with that. Pretty impressed with how much poke you can get out of it, can thicken up very nicely.

ION got an email from Neural DSP, I’ve got a few of their excellent amp+pedals emulated plugins and they have just released a Mesa Boogie suite.

https://youtu.be/5VfGWO7mmGY

https://youtu.be/S_WSNhd9Kyc

Are you safe?

I put together the Loci stand (XL + Expander) for the "BrutePest."
brutepest.jpg
The stand shipped in a very flat cardboard package, with both the XL and Expander parts. No printed instructions, and minimal documentation online... but still pretty easy to work with.

The new black option for them is nice but be warned, some of it will rub off on your hands when assembling it.

The angle is pretty steep, which I like for visibility. Also that rack box it's sitting on is only about 9 inches deep and there's no margin for error with the legs of the stand. With the stand in this orientation, the "open" side of the angle is on the bottom so if it slips a little bit forward or back it's going to fall. Thus the anti-slip mat. It is all super stable and sturdy, but I'm still going to find or cut a shelf with a little more depth for peace of mind.

I probably could have skipped the expander and just used the extra wedges and ledge in the XL kit to hold up the Pod. But the expander happens to be exactly the right size to stick an extra wedge on the top to really secure the Pod.

I have an Oversynth overlay for the West Pest coming -- apparently they are manufactured on demand rather than just being in stock, and shipping itself has been a little slow.

After setting it up I only used it for two notes to fill in a bit of a gap in the last track I recorded :hihi: I'll give it a proper play this weekend and see if I want to throw a Befaco A*B+C into that Pod, or switch the Inertia for the Mini Peg or grab another Make Noise Function instead, or what.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Did you put the “AMBIENT” sticker on it to remind you not to make death metal with it?

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:00 pm Did you put the “AMBIENT” sticker on it to remind you not to make death metal with it?
Marcus Fisher sells them along with a very metal "Field Recordings" sticker :hihi:

https://marcus-fischer.bandcamp.com/merch

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”