Contest: July ”Gossip” + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had this problem last month silverpants, kinda sucks that it's my only inspiration - I might try and find a band again but I hate covers so I just go in this circle of play someone elses music, hate it, play my music, get depressed becasuse no-one cares, stare at a wall, go play in a cover band again sigh :S
I play guitar

silverpants wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:33 am Wow, so many submissions already! What are you going to do with the rest of the month? :D
There is always some unfinished stuff.

Now the chickenman's words activated some thoughts. Do people have to finish what they started? There is the possibility to swap unfinished music with somebody: You finish what the other started and the other finishes what you started.

Or you both work together through some collaborative DAW.

CMan - I get the "no-one cares" about my music thing. My work around that feeling is to only care that I care. My music is only for me. Don't give a fig if anyone else digs it or not, comfortable that I'm never going to monetize my shit. It's way too complicated to find the right set of musicians to jam with - particularly during a pandemic ! Collab via the web is about the only solution and even then, finding the right partner(s) would be taxing AF
Peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

100% Mister N. Hey, at least we have KVR and KFC :)
I play guitar

A guitar player and music that feels like a showcase of his remarkable technical skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gQ7m0c ... F4&index=5

@ Babylon420 you've forgotten to make your entry downloadable!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 pm @ Babylon420 you've forgotten to make your entry downloadable!
I thought so too at first but then I noticed a Google Drive download link below the soundcloud section.

mountainmaster wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:49 pm
folderol wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 pm @ Babylon420 you've forgotten to make your entry downloadable!
I thought so too at first but then I noticed a Google Drive download link below the soundcloud section.
Ah! Well spotted. I missed that.
As you were gentlemen :oops:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

My piece this month - inspired by watching : https://www.sho.com/titles/3509729/sist ... ransistors
Super well-done & highly recco'd as a part of music history to be memorialized
edit: discovered a flaw in my piece - too much ping-pong in the stereo field so I simply turned the instrument into mono & re-uploaded
edit : arghhh . . .
Peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Hmmm. Gone a bit quiet :( Where is everyone :?

Finally got my piece in. I suffer from severe CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am basically unable to play any music. This contest gave me some much needed time away from illness. Looking forward to hear all the submissions.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:13 pm Finally got my piece in. I suffer from severe CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and am basically unable to play any music. This contest gave me some much needed time away from illness. Looking forward to hear all the submissions.
And it's a ripper Kovacs, great performance.
I play guitar

Some brief comments while I listened to everyone’s works. Remember everything is said with good intentions and in good spirits.

mountainmaster - moonlit teardrops
sweet soundscape, cool movement in the sound image (listened with headphones). Dark but not haunting. Cool use of DS Thorn.

Chickenman - radiate
Lovely clean guitar with shimmer on top. Things done have to be complex to be nice. Nice variation throughout the piece. It goes crazy towards the end but then you pull it together. I get your reference to Vai. Is the pic showing your «Vai» strat?

folderol - alone
So sweet, like honey in the ears. Quiet movement, beautiful soundscapey song. I itch to put some electric guitar on top of it…

harvon - bulgar
Very cool pipe organ music. Sweet and catchy tune. Quite accordion-like. I could sit in a cafe and drink red wine to this.

VCA-089 - gaze into the void
It’s a cool use of a virtual guitar but perhaps you play it too much like a keyboard? Funny piece, sounds mostly like an improv. Please participate more often. 😊

Babylon420 - the star
Very quiet and laid back piece with cool variation. Is it improvised? The piano sound creates an easy mood.

mister natural - say what you want to say
Sounds like a haunting soundscape. The electronic blip blops are very round and sweet, sound like electronic raindrops. Cool stabs. Impressive if all this came from «cello harmonics»!

laguna rising - summertime
Hahaha, «Summertime» on drunk acid, so cool. You are so creative (and unafraid).

beanpole - every day
I am lying in my bed listening to this so the lyrics are true, I hear you in my head. Lovely, intimate song, well done. Your guitar needs some tuning. 😅
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:16 pmIs the pic showing your «Vai» strat?
It was the first guitar I bought after moving to Aus, I also used it to try scalloping frets and fret levelling etc - Artist guitars over here sell very cheap but workable guitars.

I didn't play the entry on it, so I guess the long answer to your question is no, it isn't. I can't even remember which guitar I used from the rack, probably the RG421 as I didn't use any whammy bar.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I play guitar

Cool! I’m a big Vai fan and always wanted a Jem but it never materialized. My only Ibanez is a sweet and red 1989 540S which is a dream to play. It’s the model Frank Gambale used before they gave him the FG model in ‘91 iirc (although I don’t have the screaming yellow version).

Return to “Music Cafe”