Loading VST instruments in RC in Cubase

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All! New user, love RC so far.

I am using RC as a VST in Cubase. RC works fine, however I thought I was able to use a VST instrument in RC directly. Is this only for the standalone version of RC? Now that I think of it, maybe Cubase does not allow a VST instrument to load up another VST instrument? No recursion allowed :hihi: !!

TIA

Hi,

yes, I am afraid the RC plug-ins do not allow using VST instruments. In theory it would be possible, but Cubase is able to handle these virtual instrument plug-ins better than RC, so it makes sense to output MIDI events only, which you can route to instrument tracks in your DAW.

BTW if you use RC VST3 with Cubase (or StudioOne, Logic Pro X), you can use 128 MIDI channels. In REAPER only 32 channels are available but I'll contact them so that they can fix this.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

Sent you email there still the bug of the overlapping notes as well as some other things in the mutator

musicdevelopments wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:30 am Hi,

yes, I am afraid the RC plug-ins do not allow using VST instruments. In theory it would be possible, but Cubase is able to handle these virtual instrument plug-ins better than RC, so it makes sense to output MIDI events only, which you can route to instrument tracks in your DAW.
Yeah, I agree, does not make sense to reinvent the wheel!! Just routing to the midi channel in Cubase allows full control of effects and vst instruments. RC is a massive piece of software, and you are one of the helpful and kindest developers! Thanks.
:love:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”