[EDM] Music Video - LE Attol - Samael (rough)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

https://youtu.be/Yg7EaoKSnec

Enjoy this new exciting music video!
Last edited by kingozrecords on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I thought it was really well done. Sounds good.

I got to start calling mine rough when I first post them because it always seems I have to work on something afterwards.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:20 am I thought it was really well done. Sounds good.

I got to start calling mine rough when I first post them because it always seems I have to work on something afterwards.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I definitely need to add some subtle risers, and perhaps a bit of dynamic equalizing added to the tinkle sequences with some stereo width and pan effects that affect the highest frequencies for effect.

Beyond that, I think well placed cymbals and for there to be less crispiness overall would make the track breath life into the listener. It'd be a far more organic experience.

Here's a new video without the fancy video:
https://youtu.be/vrislqrw0R4

I've been working on cleaning up the video footage, which is now done but the logo at the beginning is difficult. Making the scrolling transition steady and smooth is a real challenge. Perhaps I could even do it in ffmpeg, at that.

I've updated the original post with the newest music video, and the audio is cleaned up a little. It's mastered give or take to youtube standards.

There are some things I like about it. Its got some energy and vibe.
However, the low end is not really beefy enough though, and the mixing could do with more time spent on it.

There's a part where the staccato bass drops out and that trumpet-like lead plays by itself, and it leads me to think that bass and the lead shouldn't play over each other. Too busy. This song has a lot of elements going on and maybe you could pare it down some. Production is very good.
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:28 pm There are some things I like about it. Its got some energy and vibe.
However, the low end is not really beefy enough though, and the mixing could do with more time spent on it.
Hmm, ok; perhaps I could add some vibe with selective compressors and maybe some tremolo and even grain for the bass? For some texture and depth. It's a very good idea. In fact, I'd made a nice 3d sound effect that would be very relevant for this. Perhaps I can pull the old example out and try to make something of it. It was designed so that you can layout any 3d grid. Something like that would be ideal, especially given that the algorithm i designed is very lean.
Moe Shinola wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:30 am There's a part where the staccato bass drops out and that trumpet-like lead plays by itself, and it leads me to think that bass and the lead shouldn't play over each other. Too busy. This song has a lot of elements going on and maybe you could pare it down some. Production is very good.
Thanks a lot! I will take a look into these elements, I think that is good advice :)

Return to “Music Cafe”