Amateur Science [EP] UPDATE: March 2023 - now on other platforms

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UPDATE March 2023:
----
Re-release, now also on the usual platforms. If you don't know it yet, you can check it out and choose your favorite. The link offers various choices. Youtube Music, Spotify etc...

Have a nice day and week!

https://share.amuse.io/album/tbx-amateur-science

SECOND POST:
----
Hi all,
i got some free codes for the bandcamp page. Maybe someone would like to try it. I just copied them in here. Wish everyone a nice summer!

vjrt-kza2
6gl3-6zuc
u2s5-k6mx
lmqf-6k9p
4g8l-yk6n
eunh-u99j
bl5p-e96k
5s68-3tz9
8j33-cnkz
tbx5-xez6
--

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello everyone,
from today my EP "Amateur Science" can be found on bandcamp, it's also on Soundcloud. It is a compilation of tracks that were mainly created in the last 2 years. Some will already know the tracks. Stylistically, they range from old-school drum & bass to pieces reminiscent of the artists from Warp Records from the 90s. Overall, everything is kept quite old school and retro. As far as I could, I did the writing, mixing and mastering myself (well, mastering might be saying too much...). Maybe you would like to have a listen. Certainly not everything is radio quality, but I did my best in mixing and mastering. Thanks also to everyone who gave me feedback in the past, I hope that my sound has improved a bit over time - especially when I compare it to my first tracks here.

If you're short on time, which it certainly is, I recommend "From the Abyss" and "Twisted Mind".

I wish everyone a good time and hopefully a nice summer.
If you want, you can also leave me a comment on how you find the “end product”.
Greetings to all
tomtom1

Bandcamp:
https://ccundefined.bandcamp.com/album/amateur-science

Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/treib-haus-81860 ... ur-science
Last edited by tomtom1 on Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Hi tomtom1,
"From the abyss" is lovely, very classy, and has sophistication written all over it.
I love the beat and the sound of uprooted. Very alive and invigorating music, and melody is quite catchy.
You are very talented and musically mature.
I love your creations.
Rene

Congratulations Tomtom! You're being a bit hard on yourself, the whole thing really sounds great!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:56 pm Hi tomtom1,
"From the abyss" is lovely, very classy, and has sophistication written all over it.
I love the beat and the sound of uprooted. Very alive and invigorating music, and melody is quite catchy.
You are very talented and musically mature.
I love your creations.
Rene
:)
Thanks Rene for listening! Wish you a nice day!
Glad you liked it.
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:09 pm Congratulations Tomtom! You're being a bit hard on yourself, the whole thing really sounds great!
:lol: maybe you are right. But right now, some days later, i just hear some things which i could still do better... :scared: it seems that we are never "finished" :lol:
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:19 am
eassae wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:09 pm Congratulations Tomtom! You're being a bit hard on yourself, the whole thing really sounds great!
:lol: maybe you are right. But right now, some days later, i just hear some things which i could still do better... :scared: it seems that we are never "finished" :lol:
The worse part about making music is releasing it. You'll always hear something you could have done better :lol: I know it always happens to me anyway.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Nice EP. Enjoyable music and sounds good. Great job. 👍

markkuja wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:16 pm Nice EP. Enjoyable music and sounds good. Great job. 👍
Hi Markkuja,
thanks a lot for listening. May i ask: did you have a favourite piece out of the five?
myself in 2022

eassae wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:17 pm
The worse part about making music is releasing it. You'll always hear something you could have done better :lol: I know it always happens to me anyway.
:o ... hm... so... well... next consequence... I WILL STOP MAKING MUSIC :lol:
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:40 am
eassae wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:17 pm
:o ... hm... so... well... next consequence... I WILL STOP MAKING MUSIC :lol:
That is one way to avoid the issue :lol:
eassae.com

tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 am
markkuja wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:16 pm Nice EP. Enjoyable music and sounds good. Great job. 👍
Hi Markkuja,
thanks a lot for listening. May i ask: did you have a favourite piece out of the five?
Twisted mind. I liked the rhythm and soundscape and mood.
Uprooted nice melody lines and bass lines.

tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:40 pm Hello everyone,
from today my EP "Amateur Science" can be found on bandcamp, it's also on Soundcloud. It is a compilation of tracks that were mainly created in the last 2 years. Some will already know the tracks. Stylistically, they range from old-school drum & bass to pieces reminiscent of the artists from Warp Records from the 90s. Overall, everything is kept quite old school and retro. As far as I could, I did the writing, mixing and mastering myself (well, mastering might be saying too much...). Maybe you would like to have a listen. Certainly not everything is radio quality, but I did my best in mixing and mastering. Thanks also to everyone who gave me feedback in the past, I hope that my sound has improved a bit over time - especially when I compare it to my first tracks here.

If you're short on time, which it certainly is, I recommend "From the Abyss" and "Twisted Mind".

Greetings to all
tomtom1

Bandcamp:

Soundcloud:
Really nice!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

markkuja wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:09 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 am
Hi Markkuja,
Twisted mind. I liked the rhythm and soundscape and mood.
Uprooted nice melody lines and bass lines.
Thanks for your reply. "Twisted" i like, too. It is also one of the few tracks in major... :) So it is a bit special for me :D
myself in 2022

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:33 am
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:40 pm Hello everyone,

Greetings to all
tomtom1

Bandcamp:

Soundcloud:
Really nice!
Thanks for listening and your comment!
myself in 2022

An enjoyable collection of tracks. The mixes are all good. Nice work!

Return to “Music Cafe”