Kudos for TAL Software new interface design (as seen in TAL-DRUM and TAL-Reverb-4 v3)

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't seen much praise for the latest developments in TAL interfaces… It's a shame because they very much deserve it!

The biggest news is that the values of the various parameters are always displayed and can be double-clicked on, both of which really streamline the workflow for pros.

These interfaces are also modern, clear, compact, resizable, with minimal skeuomorphism and a appropriate use of colours to convey information.

I find TAL-Reverb-4's particularly exemplary, almost a textbook case, and it's free.

+1

The interfaces have always been very functional. The new design makes the plugins even better. Keep up the excellent work.

Not super excited about the interfaces, but, they're alright. ;) Better than they have been before.

Maybe it's a positive to not be super excited about an interface. It means it's neutral and unassuming.

I’d rather spend my calories and time on excitement, attention and mental load for my music.

Of course there are lots of different ways to achieve these qualities, TAL's is not the only one. But I find that it happens rarely enough to point out when it does.

Widowsky wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:39 am Maybe it's a positive to not be super excited about an interface. It means it's neutral and unassuming.
What I meant is that I've seen better, but, they're functional and do the job.

chk071 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 am What I meant is that I've seen better, but, they're functional and do the job.
Yeah sure, I know what you meant but I think you’re unfair. These new ones are a little better than just being functional and doing the job.

They prove that an interface can be modern, clear, with a high density of information, and, I insist, always displayed and double-clickable parameters, while remaining easy on the eyes, easy to grasp and use, without looking cluttered.

It’s rare enough to be noticed and encouraged.

I hope that TAL will continue in this direction and extend it to the rest of its lineup. I also hope it will inspire other developers.

Return to “TAL Software”