UBERVERB ( reproduction of a algorithmic classic reverb from 1986)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So how is the cpu usage of the plug ?
Really need to demo it first before buying but that doesn't seem so easy when you choose gumroad as your selling platform
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:38 am So how is the cpu usage of the plug ?
Really need to demo it first before buying but that doesn't seem so easy when you choose gumroad as your selling platform
4% cpu in my session.
thank you .
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

When it’s Mac it’s Insta buy.

sergiofrias wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 am I do have another one planned,but following the same principles of the midiverb algos, but with my own designs:)
Miidiverb 1 didnt had modulation yet it has that beautiful lush sound (it have a lot of similarieties with the old lexicons).
To be fair, none of them really had modulation. That swirl parameter is a chorus, placed either before or after the FDN, so they're not exactly modulating the delay lines.

This is a really nice reproduction of the topology. You must have spent a bit of time on the delay spacing. Very nice.

sergiofrias wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:20 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:38 am So how is the cpu usage of the plug ?
4% cpu in my session.
thank you .
Where's the PayPal option on Gumroad? I don't own a credit card, like many people in the EU.

+1 for a Mac (M1) version 🙂

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pamier242 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:01 pm To be fair, none of them really had modulation. That swirl parameter is a chorus, placed either before or after the FDN, so they're not exactly modulating the delay lines.

This is a really nice reproduction of the topology. You must have spent a bit of time on the delay spacing. Very nice.
Nitpick: That is not necessarily true, there is often no chorus on the reverbs placed before or afterwards. All these old reverbs are based on a number of (Schroeder) allpasses in loops (sometimes nested too) with carefully chosen delay times. What is done is modulating some of those allpasses inside the feedback loop to break resonances. See e.g. the schematic of the Datorro figure 8 reverb.

Notice that on a FDN you can also modulate the delay times of the loop. As a matter of fact if the delays are already interpolated (not an integer number of samples) for some reason, there is almost no cost in doing so.

Changing subject, the midiverb was actually to a big degree reverse engineered by the user "acreil" of the gearspace forums AFAIK. He wrote a dissasembler to decode/read the EPROMS. I posted the link before. I don't know if he's involved on this project, I assume he is as he's not even credited.

sergiofrias wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:20 pm
4% cpu in my session.
thank you .
I've been trying to buy this on gumroad for 2 days in a row and it keeps giving me errors for no specific reason... I've PM'd you because I'd like to buy this off you personally, at this point.

I was searching for the power supply for my MidiVerb3 today :) Didn't thought it requires AC 9V!

Does this emulation includes analog part too (DA and after DA)?

rafa1981 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:06 pm
Nitpick: That is not necessarily true, there is often no chorus on the reverbs placed before or afterwards. All these old reverbs are based on a number of (Schroeder) allpasses in loops (sometimes nested too) with carefully chosen delay times. What is done is modulating some of those allpasses inside the feedback loop to break resonances. See e.g. the schematic of the Datorro figure 8 reverb.

Notice that on a FDN you can also modulate the delay times of the loop. As a matter of fact if the delays are already interpolated (not an integer number of samples) for some reason, there is almost no cost in doing so.

Changing subject, the midiverb was actually to a big degree reverse engineered by the user "acreil" of the gearspace forums AFAIK. He wrote a dissasembler to decode/read the EPROMS. I posted the link before. I don't know if he's involved on this project, I assume he is as he's not even credited.
You are definitely correct in methodology, but maybe I just can't hear Alesis doing that. To me, it sounds like a static set of allpass filters (I have a MV4), but I do not have very advanced ears.

For halls (depending on how grainy I want it to be) I string a set of allpass filters together to create a diffusion network. I then send that signal into an FDN to extend the cloud. I can modulate the diffusion section, the tail section, or both. Obviously there are other sections for delay, ER, I use nested filters + pre/post. I'm pretty sure we understand each other :)

You are right, I took a look at the schematics and they have no feedback. I don't know why I remembered otherwise. That explains the fixed decay times.

https://gearspace.com/board/geekzone/38 ... re-32.html

That is the nerdiest, greatest thread in the history of Gearspace. Kudos to those who contributed.

rafa1981 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:28 pm You are right, I took a look at the schematics and they have no feedback. I don't know why I remembered otherwise. That explains the fixed decay times.

https://gearspace.com/board/geekzone/38 ... re-32.html
Those signal flows with values are awesome. Thanks for the link!

Uberverb is now also avaiable at KVR Marketplace:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/uberve ... rgio-frias

is also avaiable at:
https://sergiofrias25.gumroad.com/l/UBERVERB
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Return to “Effects”