Added SFZ support: Apricot — Free Hybrid Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

Teksonik wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:42 pm Here's a quick patch to see how sharing will work. Is it better to include the .dat file or the sample when sharing patches? I included the .dat file just to see how that works.
Here's my guide on how to share patches. Eventually I'll put this in a manual PDF for the synth, but I have not yet got around to writing one.

Step 1: Put all the patches you want to export into a folder inside your Patches folder.

Step 2: Navigate to this folder in the patches menu. Select the "Export as bank..." option, and choose where to export the bank to.

Step 3: Wait for the bank to be exported. This will save all the patches in the folder as well as any samples they use automatically.

To import a bank onto another computer, follow these steps.

Step 1: From the patch menu, select the "Import bank..." option.

Step 2: A dialog will appear to inform you of the number of patches and samples in the bank. Click "Yes".

Step 3: Wait for the bank to be imported. If you already have any of the samples that are included in the bank in your sample library, they will be automatically skipped. (This is done by checking the actual contents of the sample file, so you don't need to worry about naming collisions!)

Hope this helps :phones:

Ok thanks I'll give that a go when I get more patches to share. :tu:

On the subject of patches, does anyone else wish for the Sample Osc to have its own envelope?

I tried using a Mod Env to SmpVol but that didn't work as the main ADSR overrides.

Having an envelope for the Sample Osc would allow for "transient" types of sounds such as in the D-50 that someone else mentioned earlier.

You could of course create small transient samples but that wouldn't address the samples that are already out there.

Anyway just an idea....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

teknik :D
Last edited by h66 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

with addendum
This plugin has potential - WOW. Actually a simplified and improved Sylenth :wink: . - it can replace my: Sylenth, Synth1, DUNE, DUNE2 and the other edm/synthwave synths
"0" CPU as FL plugin in FL Studio - and fully integration (create automation clip). Very, very good sound. Excellent (default) preset selection to keep working with. Very good effects. (in Arp an "poly" will be perfect)
Maybe you could also offer a slightly smaller Size 75%, but some menus are too small for that, especially for the effects. - ok, first testing was on an notebook/powerbook, on music-pc is fine
The assignment to the envelopes - and mod matrix - is very good - also the tooltipps/adsr. Simple pitch function (otherwise rare).
I haven't tried the sample function yet. Here a preset would be helpful, what you could do. Sample function is perfekt, one shot, keytrack, coarse. apricot can even be used as a pure sample player, something I've been looking for for a long time. Here, too, the creator knows exactly what is good and helpful!
But a very VERY worthwhile project!

(Absolut perfect for FL Studio /Fruity user)

Apologies if this has been covered before but is there an AU/VST in the works?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

hello: with:
2 main oscillators, with 6 different subtractive waveforms

you mean 6 filters? thanks ! !

v1o wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:11 pm Apologies if this has been covered before but is there an AU/VST in the works?
No VST version will be in the works, but you can wait for a CLAP to VST wrapper to be developed and hopefully that will work.

fdigl wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:42 am I'm taking requests for future preset bank expansions! Drop suggestions in the itch.io thread or here on KVR.
https://itch.io/t/2353821/preset-requests-and-ideas
Your examples provides on the front page are amazing. I would love to have a trance/hardcore type preset pack from you. The typical bread and butter leads supersaw stacks etc.

pawder wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:43 am
fdigl wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:42 am I'm taking requests for future preset bank expansions! Drop suggestions in the itch.io thread or here on KVR.
https://itch.io/t/2353821/preset-requests-and-ideas
Your examples provides on the front page are amazing. I would love to have a trance/hardcore type preset pack from you. The typical bread and butter leads supersaw stacks etc.
Oh boy do I have a surprise for you coming in the near future :wink:

Impressive work! Sounds really nice and i applaud the attention to detail while retaining a concept that is grounded and accessible.
Well done :clap: .

( I thought a clap emoticon would fit in well here )
:D

Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm On the subject of patches, does anyone else wish for the Sample Osc to have its own envelope?

I tried using a Mod Env to SmpVol but that didn't work as the main ADSR overrides.

Having an envelope for the Sample Osc would allow for "transient" types of sounds such as in the D-50 that someone else mentioned earlier.
I think it would fairly easy to add a checkbox which would redirect the sample layer so that it bypasses the filter and main amplifier envelope. And then you could assign one of the Mod Envelopes to the volume of the sample layer. Thoughts?

v1o wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:11 pm Apologies if this has been covered before but is there an AU/VST in the works?
When I add macOS support, I think the AU format will be included. But I cannot promise a time frame for when this will happen. I don't currently have a Mac, and I'm waiting until I'm able to justify the investment.

And see here for the other format: https://itch.io/t/2358082/vst23-possibility

h66 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:54 am with addendum
This plugin has potential - WOW. Actually a simplified and improved Sylenth :wink: . - it can replace my: Sylenth, Synth1, DUNE, DUNE2 and the other edm/synthwave synths
"0" CPU as FL plugin in FL Studio - and fully integration (create automation clip). Very, very good sound. Excellent (default) preset selection to keep working with. Very good effects.
Thank you for your kind words! :)
h66 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:54 am (in Arp an "poly" will be perfect
Could you explain what you mean by this?

Itis not the most important feature, some arps can process two keys at the same time and in parallel. (I use it more often) is not really important.
more is always possible (something for width would be good, a chorus, I can't do that with a one stage phaser), there can never be enough presets, but - sorry for cheating :D - Apricot is already a really great synth :tu: :tu: :tu:

nakst wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:09 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm On the subject of patches, does anyone else wish for the Sample Osc to have its own envelope?

I think it would fairly easy to add a checkbox which would redirect the sample layer so that it bypasses the filter and main amplifier envelope. And then you could assign one of the Mod Envelopes to the volume of the sample layer. Thoughts?
A dropdown for "amp env source" would do great imo. This way you can choose between the amp, filter, or mod envelopes. Even using the LFOs as one shot envelopes would be pretty interesting, but albeit a bit complex for this kind of synth.

Return to “Instruments”