Added SFZ support: Apricot — Free Hybrid Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

h66 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:20 pm imageline messed up the upgrade to 21. among other things, Apricot will not start even though it was installed in FL format. an idea?
Have you reinstalled Apricot since you updated FL?

FL Studio only looks for native plugins that were installed for its particular version. Apricot's installer should show the folder (which contains the FL version) that it's being installed for.

You may also need to do a rescan in the plugin manager after you do this.

Let me know if you can't get it working. I haven't upgraded to 21 yet myself, but I know other people have Apricot working with it without problems.

h66 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:20 pm imageline messed up the upgrade to 21. among other things, Apricot will not start even though it was installed in FL format. an idea?

works here in fl21...

This isn't viable until you add the ability to adjust the pitch bend range. Preferably with the ability to set up and down independently so I can use +2 -12.

btfnk wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:40 am This isn't viable until you add the ability to adjust the pitch bend range. Preferably with the ability to set up and down independently so I can use +2 -12.
With a properly written CLAP host using the clap MIDI dialect, the host can easily set the pitch bend range in Apricot.

No problem in FL21/20 and FL9 - it works everywhere.

SaganTech wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:30 am With a properly written CLAP host using the clap MIDI dialect, the host can easily set the pitch bend range in Apricot.
My main daws these days are Ableton and Cubase. Ableton might be able to get things together enough to support CLAP by sometime in 2025. And Cubase will never support it.

btfnk wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:53 am My main daws these days are Ableton and Cubase. Ableton might be able to get things together enough to support CLAP by sometime in 2025. And Cubase will never support it.
Well... here is Apricot running in Cubase:

And it is a really fine synthesizer..

I've released version 1.0.3. This is mostly a small bugfix update, but I did also add a "Recent patches" entry to the patch menu. Whenever you load a new patch or initialize the patch, the previous patch is saved into this menu. This way it's far more difficult to lose work (e.g. if you accidentally click "Initialize patch" instead of "Save patch"). Hopefully this will prevent some accidents!

And of course, happy new year! :D

defiantnerd wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am Well... here is Apricot running in Cubase:
I'm confused, are you saying there is a way to do a custom pitch bend range in Cubase?

btfnk wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:18 am
defiantnerd wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am Well... here is Apricot running in Cubase:
I'm confused, are you saying there is a way to do a custom pitch bend range in Cubase?
Well, it translates MIDI Controllers (well, the controller equivalent of VST3) via IMidiMapping to normal controllers, so I guess, yes? Maybe I am confusing this with something else.

defiantnerd wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am
btfnk wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:53 am My main daws these days are Ableton and Cubase. Ableton might be able to get things together enough to support CLAP by sometime in 2025. And Cubase will never support it.

Does it mean there is a working clap/vst bridge we can download and use right now in ableton also ?

Interesting! So where did the bridging come from?! Steinberg?!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:15 pm Interesting! So where did the bridging come from?! Steinberg?!
No, from the CLAP developer community:
https://github.com/free-audio/clap-wrapper

Clem4 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:50 pm
defiantnerd wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:00 am

Does it mean there is a working clap/vst bridge we can download and use right now in ableton also ?
Right now, you would need to build it yourself. Currently, there is no downloadable binary.
Last edited by defiantnerd on Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice! I was not aware that it had already been released and was working. Very cool! 8)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Instruments”