AudioStuttering on playback in Acoustica 7.4.7

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On a 2021 M1 MAX MacBook pro and when I open a file to playback I get audio stuttering and breakups, audio files is 48K/24bit and it doesn't matter what audio interface I choose, I can't even get through 3 seconds before the sound breaks up and UI crawl to a halt.

is there some kind of graphics bug that is causing this? I am on a 4k monitor and have the application almost full screen, but reducing it doesn't seem to help that much and I have use OPENGL turned on in the prefs>

anybody seem this before?

Do you get this issue when using the internal screen on the laptop as well? Some of the UI scaling factors in macOS are very slow (there's a warning in macOS when you choose these in the settings).

Best,
Stian

I have the same problem since I bought Acoustica 7.3 and still exists in the latest version. I have the same M1 Max Macbook Pro. I reported the issue to Acon Digital and we had few email exchange, tried all the things the support and still not solving issue, this render Acoustica useless to me.

I tried to ask for any solution that can help me under the same ticket but did not have any reply from Acon since July, so I kinda give up for now and hopefully new version will solve this issue.

I've got exactly the same issue - audio stuttering, GUI lag so bad the program lags after keypresses by several seconds, making the program virtually un-useable.
I'm running it on a Mac Studio M1 Max so the issue definitely is not lack of hardware horsepower.
I've tried changing buffer sizes, reverting to using the internal Mac audio, but nothing helps.
I've also tried running it on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro and the same issue happens on that.
When I first purchased Acoustica, I was running it on an Intel i5 Mac Mini and it ran smoothly without issues. I'm currently running ver 7.4.7 and don't have the earlier version to try any more.

Anyone worked out what's going on?

ozmick wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:54 pm I've got exactly the same issue - audio stuttering, GUI lag so bad the program lags after keypresses by several seconds, making the program virtually un-useable.
I'm running it on a Mac Studio M1 Max so the issue definitely is not lack of hardware horsepower.
I've tried changing buffer sizes, reverting to using the internal Mac audio, but nothing helps.
I've also tried running it on my MacBook Pro M1 Pro and the same issue happens on that.
When I first purchased Acoustica, I was running it on an Intel i5 Mac Mini and it ran smoothly without issues. I'm currently running ver 7.4.7 and don't have the earlier version to try any more.

Nothing, after months of trying, I gave up and sold the license went back to RX, bought RX10 Advanced and run extremely smooth.

ozmick wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:54 pm I've got exactly the same issue - audio stuttering, GUI lag so bad the program lags after keypresses by several seconds, making the program virtually un-useable.

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we have trouble reproducing this, and that makes it very hard to find the culprit. We have a Mac Mini with the M1 processor and a retina display which is able to run Acoustica smoothly, so there must be something special causing these hick-ups. Do you have the issue when you restart Acoustica, load a file and press play -- or is it only when previewing certain certain effects? Also, do you have the lagging only when running Acoustica full screen, or does it help reducing the size of the Acoustica window? What sample rate are you using?

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:48 am
I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we have trouble reproducing this, and that makes it very hard to find the culprit. We have a Mac Mini with the M1 processor and a retina display which is able to run Acoustica smoothly, so there must be something special causing these hick-ups. Do you have the issue when you restart Acoustica, load a file and press play -- or is it only when previewing certain certain effects? Also, do you have the lagging only when running Acoustica full screen, or does it help reducing the size of the Acoustica window? What sample rate are you using?

Best,
Stian
[/quote]

I have an issue with most of Acons plugins that could be related to this. The current I'm trying to use is one of Acons free plugins, Multiply. I have the problem of audio stuttering at both 41.4 Khz and 48 Khz samples. I am using a DAW called Cakewalk. If I change the audio driver buffer size to something small, the problem goes away. But as soon as I set the buffer to more than 1920 samples the stuttering starts again.

TommyMaker wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:03 pm I have an issue with most of Acons plugins that could be related to this. The current I'm trying to use is one of Acons free plugins, Multiply. I have the problem of audio stuttering at both 41.4 Khz and 48 Khz samples. I am using a DAW called Cakewalk. If I change the audio driver buffer size to something small, the problem goes away. But as soon as I set the buffer to more than 1920 samples the stuttering starts again.
This is not related to the issue with the playback in Acoustica, but I checked Multiply with processing blocks larger than 1920, like e.g. 2048, and it seems to work fine here. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what could be causing this in Cakewalk, but hope that it's feasible to simply you 1920 samples as buffer size.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

I just got the Post Production Suite yesterday. I really really like it. DeVerberate is awesome. However I'm having the same issues and I'd love to help you sorting it out. My setup is the following: M1 Pro MacBook Pro, 32 GB + 2 displays (the main display is 4k the other one WQHD). Mainly the sluggishness occurs on the 4k display working in full screen (or maximized window). When I reduce the size it gets better.
The worse problem I have are the drop-outs when previewing a Plug-In like DeVerberate. They occur no matter the screen its on and no matter the buffer size.
If you need any more information or tests that I could run on my system feel free to ask!
Thanks for the great work!

Best,
Alex

I have the exact same issue, it runs like shit. M1 Pro Ventura 13.2.1 buffer on 2048 with no plugins in the processing chain, it barley runs without stuttering, but as soon as I put any plugin in the processing chain(does not matter AU, VST or VST3) stuttering begins and SW is useless. How should this SW be used as an mastering tool?

So here is my setup that reproduces the problem 100% of the time

MBP16in M1 MAX 64GB of RAM------>Caldigit TB4 Docking station -----> LG 4k Mon #1
------> Phillips 4k mon #2

I don't have the app in full screen mode, but it does not matter the clicking, popping and UI lag happens all the time if I put it in Full screen it gets even worse

So can we expect the next version fixes these issues?

so in a sister thread i found the beta 7.4.12 and it runs great again :)

randresaxon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:01 pm so in a sister thread i found the beta 7.4.12 and it runs great again :)
Thanks for testing -- that's great news! :)

Best,
Stian

I have just checked the Beta 7.4.13. It seems to work!! :party: The stuttering/drop-outs are gone. The graphics performance on the 4k display is better but still a bit sluggish. But I can use the other display for the time being.
But finally I can really use it. Looking forward to integrate it into my workflows.
Thanks Stian!

Alex

Return to “Acon Digital”