Sotto Voce (Solo piano)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

what do you think of this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ8rNO4RiEE

A bit different from the reason electronic tracks huh :)

bumpity :)

Man, this hit me hard. My youngest brother's been in the hospital for about a month, and he used to play stuff like this on our baby grand. This is a nice composition. What was your composition process (e.g. did you use a midi controller, mouse input) and what did you use for the piano?

I love this song.
Very sentimental and full of emotion.
And the emotion I feel is very red, full of love.
Melody is very nice, I love this.
Rene

Very nice. Moving.
Thanks for sharing!

"A bit different from the reason electronic tracks huh" is there something about Reason in particular that makes electronic songs different from other hosts? I honestly think songs like this are easier to make than ones with several instruments involved, If that be electronic or whatever. I like it OK but there is a sort of depressing sound to it, of course it is totally open to interpretation. The ending was cool how it built up and then the subtle outro. In fact would of liked more of tha type of thing throughout.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:33 am I love this song.
Very sentimental and full of emotion.
And the emotion I feel is very red, full of love.
Melody is very nice, I love this.
Rene
Hi rene,

Thanks for listening!
It is red isnt it? You hit the nail on the head, you felt right :)

Really nice change around 0:29. Love the harmonic minor around 1:15ish. Really like the 3:07 area. Beautiful piece.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Genetic_Junk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:50 am Man, this hit me hard. My youngest brother's been in the hospital for about a month, and he used to play stuff like this on our baby grand. This is a nice composition. What was your composition process (e.g. did you use a midi controller, mouse input) and what did you use for the piano?
hope he is ok!

My composition process:
i wrote it in sibelius, actual sheet music. blood. sweat. tears. I find it the most difficult thing to do compositionwise.
i asked someone to play it on his digital piano, so it's an actual performance.
to bad he doesn't have a real grand

that must of been rewarding and enjoyable to watch him perform this...very nice :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ATS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 am "A bit different from the reason electronic tracks huh" is there something about Reason in particular that makes electronic songs different from other hosts? I honestly think songs like this are easier to make than ones with several instruments involved, If that be electronic or whatever. I like it OK but there is a sort of depressing sound to it, of course it is totally open to interpretation. The ending was cool how it built up and then the subtle outro. In fact would of liked more of tha type of thing throughout.
no i meant i posted some reason tunes here, and this is composed very differently.
you think it's easier? to me it's the other way around. if i write for just piano, it's very hard to carry the whole tune. in electronic music, play one chord with an orchestra and it sounds awesome :)

the depressing sound was on purpose btw, it's a sad dark melancholic tune

Return to “Music Cafe”