The More I Know... The Less I Care

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
tonedef71
KVRian
Topic Starter
1483 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Obstinance and apathy: when the quest for knowledge and truth has soured reality. :neutral:

https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/the-mo ... ess-i-care
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

ATS
KVRAF
7443 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:40 pm

Reminds me a lot of 70s Genesis. Pretty amazing song really, not sure why no one commented yet!
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Bansaw
KVRAF
1814 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 am

Liked the tempo change at 0:55. For me the arrangement is generally too busy with too many elements which all seem to be competing rather than complimenting. Interesting title, "the more I know, the less I care" Whats the thinking behind that?

Rene Asologuitar
KVRian
653 posts since 2 Apr, 2022

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:06 am

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:31 pm Obstinance and apathy: when the quest for knowledge and truth has soured reality. :neutral:
++++++++++
Hi tinedef71,
Love this recording, and I am enjoying your music.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

tonedef71
KVRian
Topic Starter
1483 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:39 pm

Thank you for the feedback everyone!
Bansaw wrote:For me the arrangement is generally too busy with too many elements which all seem to be competing rather than complimenting.
Frenetic textures seem to have become part of my signature sound. That said, I do like for all the individual parts to groove together by rowing the boat in the same direction.

For this track, the background parts were well established and jamming away before I added the foreground melody part at the very end. When I have some extra time, I may revisit the track to see if I can tone down the energy in some of the busier moments to allow individual parts to shine through and have a moment in the spotlight.

Bansaw wrote:Interesting title, "the more I know, the less I care" Whats the thinking behind that?
It's a sardonic twist on an old NBC quote.
Folks may interpret it whatever way they want.

As for me, there have been times when I thought I really wanted to know the truth,

but the path to finding the truth, along with the actual truth itself, left a bitter taste in my mouth, or left me feeling over-/under-whelmed.

Also, as I have gotten longer in the tooth, I have become more selective about where my focus goes.

Thanks again for listening!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Music Cafe”