A few questions

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm a long time user of ZynAddSubFX, even though I don't keep track of its development. A great synth with a few shortcomings, which I'd like to see addressed (but I'm not demanding for it to be done at my request, of course).

Is it still under active development?
If so, will real-time modification of parameters ever work? As of now, the synth recalculates everything starting from the next NoteOn.
Will better filter models ever be implemented? The standard filters in Zyn are kind of clean-weak and can certainly be improved.
Finally, the synth does correctly generate waveforms that don't alias, except when the frequency is modulated, at which point audible aliasing does creep in. Is there any plan to address this?

Thanks.

Zyn is still somewhat active (the mainline, I cannot comment on the jackoo branch), though certainly not as active as it was several years back.

> real-time modification

It currently works for a number of parameters and additional ones are shifted to being recomputed on the fly over time.

> better filter models

There is the moog style filter which should fit that requirement

> waveform aliasing and modulation

There's the pull request that I have to review for wavetable synthesis as well as the 'PAAEnabled' (parameter anti-alias enabled) value in Add Synth, so both are already partially addressed?
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”