Love Through The Rearview [Synthwave]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RTFX, thanks a ton. Frantz, Crystal, and Siesmic - I think you are right. I'm sort of struggling with panning without losing.."glue"? ..."impact?" Is there sort a guideline to what % L or R you might stick to?

Thanks again for listening

Panning is one small piece of the puzzle. The first thing to think about is the audio frequency range of the parts. Probably too late to change now but something to think about going forward when composing.

The next thing is the depth. Should sounds be dry and upfront or pushed back in the mix with reverb? A stereo reverb will also add diffusion.

Finally you consider panning but this needs to be done sparingly otherwise it can get distracting.
Last edited by Frantz on Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks, Frantz, I really see what you mean. A lot of targets to hit to sound good.

And thanks for replying so fast... I'm now putting those pan faders closer to where they started...

vstdls wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:50 pm RTFX, thanks a ton. Frantz, Crystal, and Siesmic - I think you are right. I'm sort of struggling with panning without losing.."glue"? ..."impact?" Is there sort a guideline to what % L or R you might stick to?

Thanks again for listening
I tend to avoid "extreme" width when panning instruments, as it can sound a little strange. I occasionally use a very wide pan when I'm moving a sound around on the soundstage in order to achieve a specific effect, but for regular use I usually go no further than 50%.

Some of my delays and reverbs can take matters into their own hands :wink:

Nice instrumental music. Pleasant melody lines and relaxing mood.
Well done orchestration and arrangement. Sounds good.

Cool track. The composition is very nice. Your low end is a little thin, and the kick has no punch. This may do the the sub energy of the kick being below a certain frequency, 50 cycles or so. Basically you're just getting the initial transient. I think us you fixed that issue the track would really be solid.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Markkuja- thanks a ton for that

Eassae - fantastic, thank you. I agree and am going to go about exploring remedying that.

Return to “Music Cafe”