Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if there's something good in it for me this time.

At least there isn't long to wait, I hate long teasers and Faux launches (looking at you IK!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Me too. Better to have some hard info right away though, instead of nondescriptive 60 second trailers.

I get it though. Everyone on Facebook is like :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: now. Because... like... "6", you know.

Circles and 6 in form of a loop. Probably they added something like live looping, logic style I guess. I think this is a hint.

Here before certain users start spewing that there's already too MANY features in s1, instead we should be stripping it down with every iteration.

But good to know were getting an update soon.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm Here before certain users start spewing that there's already too MANY features in s1, instead we should be stripping it down with every iteration.
There's no way back now anyway, once they've chosen the way most have chosen: More features with more paid upgrades.

The only thing one can hope is that the added features are halfway useful.

Not long ago, I drove the new car of a relative. It has so many electronic gimmicks that my head was spinning. Who needs all that crap?

Second law of thermodynamics. You can’t go back. Everything eventually just becomes a big soup of all there is.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm Here before certain users start spewing that there's already too MANY features in s1, instead we should be stripping it down with every iteration.
There's no way back now anyway, once they've chosen the way most have chosen: More features with more paid upgrades.

Not long ago, I drove the new car of a relative. It has so many electronic gimmicks that my head was spinning. Who needs all that crap?
Some will find the newly added features useful, some will not. I think we can all agree that hopefully it doesn't negatively affect how stable S1 is.

Currently Nuendo 12 is my DAW with Studio One coming in at a close 2nd place. If Presonus was to add a session/clip launcher in S6 (akin to Bitwig or Live) it would surely regain the crown spot in my studio. An updated GUI and performance tweaks would be most welcomed as well.

What are you guys hoping will be in S6?
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:43 pm

Some will find the newly added features useful, some will not. I think we can all agree that hopefully it doesn't negatively affect how stable S1 is.
I think it's pretty obvious that more complex software has more potential to have bugs. Or to become more tedious to operate, because there's simply more stuff going on in the user interface.

See, I'm absolutely not against new features, if they're useful and well implemented, and don't lead to more bloat, and a more complicated user interface. Everything after the "if" is very important though.

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:44 pm
SeeingInMidi wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:43 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that more complex software has more potential to have bugs. Or to become more tedious to operate, because there's simply more stuff going on in the user interface.

See, I'm absolutely not against new features, if they're useful and well implemented, and don't lead to more bloat, and a more complicated user interface. Everything after the "if" is very important though.
I personally have had no problems with the many features added so S1 over the decade. It has only gotten better for me which is why I haven't switched DAWs.

I personally didn't need a single thing in the version 5 upgrade (that's why I skipped it). But, the step sequencer, chord track and drum editor upgrades in version 4 were nice additions.

Excellent news this update to version 6.

If indeed a clip launcher is part of Studio One Pro 6, personally Studio One will be my only Daw.

I will certainly not be the only one in the case.

Studio One is an example of ergonomics, very intuitive, inspiring.

the stability under Windows 10 is remarkable.

Trancer wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 pm If indeed a clip launcher is part of Studio One Pro 6, personally Studio One will be my only Daw.

I will certainly not be the only one in the case.
Maybe, but, it's something I surely wouldn't want to be integrated into Studio one, because...
Trancer wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:48 pm Studio One is an example of ergonomics, very intuitive, inspiring.

the stability under Windows 10 is remarkable.
Any new feature of that dimension will make the DAW less ergonomic, and could lead to less stability.

Shoot.

By the way, last time I checked, a clip launcher was on #135 or something in the feature request list, and, usually features which make the top 10 of that list will be considered to be implemented. Just saying.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”