VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

msvs wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:43 am there is a inv phase button in each osc already ;)
Manuel I applaud you and Rene I just found the invert bottom and wow this makes my leads cut through even better than I thought thank you :clap: :clap:

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:39 pm Might be a better use of your time to just email support and ask them.
I think you have asked here a few times without a response.

https://www.vengeance-sound.com/support.php

rsp
Yes I probably will, though I figured it would be more helpful if it was posted here in case someone ever searched the thread to find the answer (as I did).

True, but would be nice indeed if you post their response (if you can).
I don't remember why but I seem to recall a year or two ago before v2 was even released that there wont be a demo in future.
rsp
sound sculptist

the loop only works with your own custom samples, which you have drag and dropped in to the GUI... it does not work on factory multisamples. They are all perfectly looped already btw.

making no demo has several reasons
- since 2.0 its a huge fact. content file (traffic!!) (and we dont want to include only a handful presets, since this creates a wrong picture)
- piracy
- support

msvs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:38 pm the loop does not work on factory multisamples. They are all perfectly looped already btw.
that's a bit cocky. I searched for a sample for like 20 minutes for a sample for this lead synth to play the arpeggio melody, then I finally found one I liked. I set Pitch to legato to use as a lead in the arp. When I did that the timbre changed drastically because the sample was <1 second and notes were sustained from the legato (rather than every note retriggering the sample), so the loop was at a point in the short sample that I did not like at the tail end of the sample, and wanted to adjust loop points to be early in the sample where the timbre sounded right. Ultimately it didn't matter that much but I was kind of confused why it wasn't possible, but I spent like an hour trying to figure out if I was missing something.

kind of a minor criticism. Avenger was the centerpiece of the whole track, probably the best sounding VST synthesizer. no idea why, it just sounds amazing.
this is the track i made

sorry for ruining the thread lol (if I did). feel free to shit on my music. the sound quality, preset quality, arpeggiator and all around "vibe" of avenger has made it my new bread and butter, probably for years to come

My first time properly using V2 (2.0.6) in a track today. The CPU is going fkn crazy when the track is idle, spiking to almost 100% every few seconds. It does NOT do it if I have the UI open, only if the UI is closed. I just added 3 new expansions yesterday too, yay for fkn me.

Manuel, who's beta testing this on mac? I've offered to beta test a hundred times now but Andre hasn't sent me anything.

Manuel is there a way to move the notes off the grid on the arp. Just like in the drum sequence we can move the notes

m-ac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:23 pm My first time properly using V2 (2.0.6) in a track today. The CPU is going fkn crazy when the track is idle, spiking to almost 100% every few seconds. It does NOT do it if I have the UI open, only if the UI is closed. I just added 3 new expansions yesterday too, yay for fkn me.

Manuel, who's beta testing this on mac? I've offered to beta test a hundred times now but Andre hasn't sent me anything.
I can't recall anyone reporting ONLY getting spiking if the UI is closed. Best contact Andre one more time.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

100tifiko wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:53 am Manuel is there a way to move the notes off the grid on the arp. Just like in the drum sequence we can move the notes
no I am sorry, this would cause too many problems with ratched, strums etc
You have to use the Humanize dial instead

mxbf wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:19 am
msvs wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:38 pm the loop does not work on factory multisamples. They are all perfectly looped already btw.
that's a bit cocky. I searched for a sample for like 20 minutes for a sample for this lead synth to play the arpeggio melody, then I finally found one I liked. I set Pitch to legato to use as a lead in the arp. When I did that the timbre changed drastically because the sample was <1 second and notes were sustained from the legato (rather than every note retriggering the sample), so the loop was at a point in the short sample that I did not like at the tail end of the sample, and wanted to adjust loop points to be early in the sample where the timbre sounded right. Ultimately it didn't matter that much but I was kind of confused why it wasn't possible, but I spent like an hour trying to figure out if I was missing something.

kind of a minor criticism. Avenger was the centerpiece of the whole track, probably the best sounding VST synthesizer. no idea why, it just sounds amazing.
this is the track i made
The song is actually really good (but loooong) any chance to publish it on Spotify or Tidal?

Clearly a track from a tasteful person using Avenger 2 haha

Hey Manuel I purchased the generative 1 expansion and I saw how we had to route the random lfo to the step sequencer. Can you and Rene add a random start bottom dial on the step sequencer thanks

I've just got ver 2 and a bunch of exps and I am finding some of the presets when I disable the arps/ step seq, still don't play the right midi notes for some reason I think say in one octave if I go up the octave the notes at the top of the octave with be the right notes but just and octave too low eg. (C3,D3 E3,F3,G2, A2,B2) Is there a setting I am missing?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

OSC Voicing Tab, Midi Special Mode, Turn of Endless Sub Mode

msvs wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:37 pm OSC Voicing Tab, Midi Special Mode, Turn of Endless Sub Mode
Thanks. This might be might my favourite synth now, good Job.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Return to “Instruments”