VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:03 am Yup, envelope follower looking and sounding good!

So - I'm about to spoil the thread - how much do people think the upgrade should be?

Vengeance has a bit of an issue here. The recent sale of v1 for £85 means that psychologically people may baulk at a reFX style upgrade price of $99. Maybe adding a free XP of your choice would tip people over the edge though?

(I was just writing elsewhere that general economic woes must be making things very challenging for developers right now).
29 would be very good, 49 doable, 99 I would hesitate (but probably eventually upgrade).
rsp
sound sculptist

I think $49 would be fair. Anything over that I'd probably wait a while (maybe a long time).

29 is the no brainer upgrade price, over that I start thinking about if I really need it...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I will upgrade No matter the price :hihi:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Anything over £50 would cause me to seriously consider whether I need to upgrade or not, and even then it's not a no-brainer. There's just way too many options out there today.

I can't see the upgrade price being small.

I would hope it is, but I just don't see it.

sound sculptist

I was watching this video about the spectral module and wondering how the timestretching algo works.

Is this based on the Elastique algo by ZPlane or something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sEPqChN-tM

no the ZPlane is used in the Multimode / Guitar module and in the new Drumkit / Loop module
The Spectral module uses our own fft algo, which suited better, because of being able to be more "cloudy" and it has some specific parameters which were more suiting for this Spectral module
Last edited by msvs on Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Msvs does Avenger support multithreading? Im planning on building new system and im deciding between amd 7600x and intel 13600k. Seems intel is beating amd in productivity but i have doubts about lga 1700 longivity.

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:03 am
Vengeance has a bit of an issue here. The recent sale of v1 for £85 means that psychologically people may baulk at a reFX style upgrade price of $99. Maybe adding a free XP of your choice would tip people over the edge though?
Would much prefer a base level upgrade price 'without' an XP.

I'm seriously considering getting Avenger to release libraries under my Mercury sound design project.

I'm wondering whether I should wait for v2 to release or not.

Would it be better to buy Avenger during BF and then update or just buy v2 at full price?

Will there be a grace period for people buying v1 weeks/months before v2 is released?

Any word on NKS?

with you already promoting avenger 2 it would be nice to give us some info on how it will be priced for current owners and recent buyers. else its kinda hard to make a purchasing decision right now.

Manuel, is the feature to delete all layers or something in v2 finally? or delete all but only the solo'ed not or something like that? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”