Arturia Minifreak Polyphonic Hybrid Keyboard Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.arturia.com/products/hardwa ... k/overview
Description & Specs
Unprecedented hybrid polyphony
With over 20 modes to choose from including Virtual Analog, FM, and Additive, the interplay between MiniFreak's two oscillators can result in truly unique compound sonic behavior. With 6-voice polyphony, analog filters, and the ability to process engine 1 through engine 2, MiniFreak puts premium polyphonic synthesis exploration into a compact & tactile instrument that’s as addictive as it is powerful.

Customizable & experimental sound design
Embellishing the popular Freak modulation matrix, MiniFreak gives users even more control over shaping, transforming, and evolving their sound, with features like polyphonic ADSR envelopes, customizable multi-segment LFO shapes, FM & Ring Modulation, and the familiar Spice & Dice randomization.

Mix-ready stereo sound
MiniFreak comes with stereo outputs and 3 digital FX slots with 10 FX types to choose from. From stereo-enhancing chorus, to surgical 3-band EQ, to gritty 6-mode distortion, users will have everything they need to push their sound over the edge while keeping it mix-ready.

Expression, meet chaos
Despite its penchant for wild & exploratory sound design, MiniFreak is also built as a responsive instrument of expression. Its velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed with aftertouch and spontaneous Seq/Arp functionality makes it a dream to perform with, while its randomization features and modulation lanes put playfulness and sonic momentum immediately at users’ fingertips.

MiniFreak V
MiniFreak comes with a dedicated VST counterpart, letting users totally integrate its unique hybrid sound into their DAW productions and vice versa. Using identical sound engines and architecture, it offers a like-for-like virtual experience of the synth itself, at no extra cost.

Features:
6-voice polyphony
37-note velocity-sensitive Slim-keykeybed with aftertouch
2 sound Engines with 22 oscillator modes in total
Engine 2 can be used to process Engine 1
1 envelope per voice
1 cycling envelope per voice
2 LFOs per voice
Polyphonic analog filters and VCAs
3 digital FX slots in insert or send mode, with 10 FX to choose from
User-customizable LFO curves
Mod Matrix with 7 sources and 13 potential destinations
OLED display for real-
MIDI in/out/thru
USB connectivity
Sustain, audio in, and clock in/out connectivity
Stereo outputs
256 factory presets
256 user slots
Last edited by elxsound on Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, that’s a lot of power packed into a little $600 keyboard! I had a MicroFreak for a while, but never really gelled with it. Maybe this will be different…
Last edited by cryophonik on Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Vortifex wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:11 pm Direct competitor to the Hydrasynth Explorer I guess.
That hasnt got analog filters, though?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Edited

Vortifex wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:35 pm No, but that doesn't mean they're not competitors.
Never said that. Hinted that they werent necessarily 'direct' competitors.

This sits neatly in Korg's product range alongside the Opsix and Wavestate, IMO, both of them also in the same territory.

Edited

Looks interesting, more voices makes it much more usable. Would love a desktop version.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

cryophonik wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:34 pm Wow, that’s a lot of power packed into a little $600 keyboard! I had a MiniFreak for a while, but never really gelled with it. Maybe this will be different…
Micro is what you had , probably :?:
Last edited by FotoxBr on Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I do want one, and I'd happily swap my microfreak out, but finding some physical space for it is a slight concern.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:20 pm
cryophonik wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:34 pm Wow, that’s a lot of power packed into a little $600 keyboard! I had a MiniFreak for a while, but never really gelled with it. Maybe this will be different…
Micro is what you had , probably :?:
Yeah, Micro, not mini. Doh! :dog: (edited it)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:13 pm Looks interesting, more voices makes it much more usable. Would love a desktop version.
polyphony is a fad!

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:46 pm polyphony is a fad!
It's a fad gadget? Now I want one! :oops:

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:46 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:13 pm Looks interesting, more voices makes it much more usable. Would love a desktop version.
polyphony is a fad!
Tell that to your MS2000

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I also have no space for anymore hardware synths (and something will have to go when the Osmose turns up!) so I am most interested in is MiniFreak V (dedicated VST counterpart). I assume this will end up in V collection as it's a 'V'
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”