Arturia Minifreak VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

I heard there’s a VST version of the hardware. Anyone know anything about it?

I think this is all anyone knows- no announcement they will sell it, just that it comes with the hardware. I suspect as it has a 'V' in it will end up in the V collection at some point.

MiniFreak V – MiniFreak comes with a dedicated VST counterpart, letting users totally integrate its unique hybrid sound and presets into their DAW productions and vice versa. Using identical sound engines, modeled filters, presets, and synchronized controls, users can enjoy an identical experience in hardware or software form.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

is this the rendezvous business in the banner? how so if so?

Maybe because they re-visited the Freak. ;)

I don't know. I first thought it had something to do with Jean-Michel Jarre.

chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:49 pm Maybe because they re-visited the Freak. ;)

I don't know. I first thought it had something to do with Jean-Michel Jarre.
yeah, i kind of assumed it would be a jmj reference.
i guess to them, it is more just a common word not specific to jmj as it might be to non french :lol:

...always liked the Microfreak and the Minifreak looks even better. But the plug-in version looks even more exciting to me, IF the whole thing would be a similar comprehensive hardware/software combo like Maschine. If you could switch between multiple instances of the plug-in and control them via the hardware, that would be fantastic! And it would be a big advantage over the Hydrasynth Explorer.

(I'd call a bigger hardware version Megafreak - said it first :D :D :D )

EDIT - just saw it in the rendez-vous livestream - they stated, this thing will work as a controller for the plug-in and lets you switch between instances. This is a no-brainer now!!!

loachm wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:46 pm (I'd call a bigger hardware version Megafreak - said it first :D :D :D )
Super Freak, surely 8)

I'm not interested in the hardware, but if they offer Minifreak V separately I'll consider it.

So, anyone want to buy a Microfreak? One careful owner...
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

I think more people know the word “rendezvous” than know Jean-Michel Jarre, myself included.

It may be French, but it’s also common in English. And Arturia is French.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

https://medias.arturia.net/images/produ ... reak-v.mp4

If anyone knows how to correctly post this .mp4, please feel free to do it.
Last edited by felis on Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foosnark wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:40 pm
loachm wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:46 pm (I'd call a bigger hardware version Megafreak - said it first :D :D :D )
Super Freak, surely 8)
...definitely not - Rick James will haunt them from his grave! :D

Hoping for a desktop/rack freak myself even a drum freak too
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:41 am I think more people know the word “rendezvous” than know Jean-Michel Jarre, myself included.

It may be French, but it’s also common in English. And Arturia is French.
when you say "common in english" id disagree, while it is used in english on occasion, it's hardly common, unless you know a lot of pretentious folk?

we had a cafe called rendezvous when i was a nipper, best cornish pasty wi' gravy ever!

I want the plugin! :)

Return to “Instruments”