VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 am
rezoneight wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:04 am
Pytchblend wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:02 am
rezoneight wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:58 am ... so why bother when it will be in V Collection 10 which I definitely will be buying?.
This is conjecture, Arturia haven't said this yet, though I agree it's likely.
Quite true. They still haven't added Pigments and MiniFreak isn't an emulation like SQ80V or the OB. If it doesn't end up in V10 I'm personally OK with that too.
I bought Mini Freak V and it doesn't even show up in Analog Lab. I wonder when/if it will?
And this is a good question; I'm not sure (meaning that this is just an entirely subjective opinion,) but I'm not convinced that MiniFreak is ever going to be considered for inclusion as part of the V Collection. I didn't get that that direction was part of MiniFreak's trajectory for some reason. Again, I could be dead wrong.

If you're at all interested in it, I'd check with their customer sales support.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

I have not read the manual yet and only just started the demo but is there no way to add osc 2 on some of the presets to tweak them.

The starting patch crusty pluck has osc2 greyed out and for the life of me I cannot find anyway to turn it on. Am I being an idiot and missing something obvious.

Samiver wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:23 am I have not read the manual yet and only just started the demo but is there no way to add osc 2 on some of the presets to tweak them.

The starting patch crusty pluck has osc2 greyed out and for the life of me I cannot find anyway to turn it on. Am I being an idiot and missing something obvious.
Go to voice mode and take it out of paraphonic mode. Paraphonic mode only has one osc.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:34 am
Samiver wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:23 am I have not read the manual yet and only just started the demo but is there no way to add osc 2 on some of the presets to tweak them.

Go to voice mode and take it out of paraphonic mode. Paraphonic mode only has one osc.
That's great thank you for the assistance I understand now :tu:

I actually googled paraphony and do not think i actually own any synths with this option so something new to learn.

dlandis wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:06 am
rezoneight wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:58 am ... so why bother when it will be in V Collection 10 which I definitely will be buying?.
Quite true. They still haven't added Pigments and MiniFreak isn't an emulation like SQ80V or the OB. If it doesn't end up in V10 I'm personally OK with that too.
I bought Mini Freak V and it doesn't even show up in Analog Lab. I wonder when/if it will?
And this is a good question; I'm not sure (meaning that this is just an entirely subjective opinion,) but I'm not convinced that MiniFreak is ever going to be considered for inclusion as part of the V Collection. I didn't get that that direction was part of MiniFreak's trajectory for some reason. Again, I could be dead wrong.

I just got confirmation from Arturia that Minifreak V won't be part of Analog lab V as it is not part of V Collection.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:59 am

I just got confirmation from Arturia that Minifreak V won't be part of Analog lab V as it is not part of V Collection.
That makes no sense. Pigments is not part of V COllection but it is part of Analog Lab. Why not the same for Mini Freak V?

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:38 am

That makes no sense. Pigments is not part of V COllection but it is part of Analog Lab. Why not the same for Mini Freak V?
Pigments is an exception. They said: "Analog lab V, only regroups the software emulations from the V collection and Pigments."

I sent a feature request for them to include it in future versions of Analog Lab but no idea if that will happen. If other people are interested in this feature, be sure to let Arturia know!

The “V” naming is then incredibly confusing. Every single other synth in V Collection has that suffix (edit: forgot about the Augmented series), so why wouldn’t MF V be included later down the line?

They might not be outright lying, but I’m curious if that response was to bait a purchase at this current deal (of which mine is $70, would definitely prefer to have $50 or it just be lumped in with a better V10 deal when that comes out).
Last edited by meanmedianmoge on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meanmedianmoge wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:54 am The “V” naming is then incredibly confusing. Every single other synth in V Collection has that suffix, so why wouldn’t MF V be included later down the line?

They might not be outright lying, but I’m curious if that response was to bait a purchase at this current deal (of which mine is $70, would definitely prefer to have $50 or it just be lumped in with a better V10 deal when that comes out).
"V" just means virtual, to differentiate it from hardware.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:05 pm
meanmedianmoge wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:54 am The “V” naming is then incredibly confusing. Every single other synth in V Collection has that suffix, so why wouldn’t MF V be included later down the line?

"V" just means virtual, to differentiate it from hardware.
That’s fair. Plus, in the haze of the early morning I forgot about the Augmented series which don’t include that suffix. My bad.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:45 am

Pigments is an exception. They said: "Analog lab V, only regroups the software emulations from the V collection and Pigments."

I sent a feature request for them to include it in future versions of Analog Lab but no idea if that will happen. If other people are interested in this feature, be sure to let Arturia know!
According to this, they promised to include it into Analog Lab V, so I am confused:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110667.0

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:16 pm
tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:45 am

According to this, they promised to include it into Analog Lab V, so I am confused:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=110667.0
I requested clarification which I just received. MiniFreak V will be included in Analog Lab in due course (no timeline).

tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:45 am Pigments is an exception. They said: "Analog lab V, only regroups the software emulations from the V collection and Pigments."

This is indeed unfortunate Minifreak will not be part of V collection. Very odd but maybe this will change.

AntonioB wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:30 pm
tony10000 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:45 am Pigments is an exception. They said: "Analog lab V, only regroups the software emulations from the V collection and Pigments."

This is indeed unfortunate Minifreak will not be part of V collection. Very odd but maybe this will change.
Spark 2 has never been part of the V collection either...AFAIK there has never even been a 'bundle' deal for V collections to get it cheap (unlike Pigments and MicroFreak) which is even weirder!
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It was for a while

Return to “Instruments”