Rotting Brains: Electronic/Bass/Instrumental/One Synth

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I want to share my current track with you. No this time it's not yet another futile attempt to do hardstyle... it's more very bass-heavy stuff this time think 8o8...
It's my submission for One Synth Challenge #164 featuring Exacoustics "Ghost" FM-Synth
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/rotting-brains

Last Update: 29.10.2022

All Sounds done from Init
All Sounds done by me
No samples, no post pro (appart from soundcloud internal what-ever-they-do), it dropped out of the DAW this way.
Mostly only FX of Ghost used apart from one Valhalla Supermassive and some Mixing/Dynamics stuff, for instance isol8. which I used to do 5-bands mastering...

My goal for this. I did try a little sound design magic to get bass with width to make it very recognizable ... ;-)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

like always really impressive for one synth! :tu:
mixing wise: tbh i don't know. if it is my ears - or the mix :lol:
it feels a bit noisy, and the zap-sound isn't embedded enough (for my personal taste) - the bass is heavy.
That may all sound a bit too negative, but I don't mean it that way. The mix just feels restless (for me) - quieter parts are sounding really nice here on my monitors!. And musical material is really good, too!
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:08 am like always really impressive for one synth! :tu:
mixing wise: tbh i don't know. if it is my ears - or the mix :lol:
it feels a bit noisy, and the zap-sound isn't embedded enough (for my personal taste) - the bass is heavy.
That may all sound a bit too negative, but I don't mean it that way. The mix just feels restless (for me) - quieter parts are sounding really nice here on my monitors!. And musical material is really good, too!
Thanks for your review, tomtom1.
And as always you are right. I tried to incorporate your feedback and only a minute ago uploaded a improved version ... hopefully improved.

As I forgot to listen on earbuds before doing the 1st upload, the mix was off. After listening on earbuds now, changed the levels of the frequency bands a little I think the overall sound/mix improved. It's still bass-heavy, but a little less...
For the zap-sounds - they came from a little bug in the synth which is still in beta. First I thought, okay, why not accept it. But now following your advice I have reworked the sound, reduced the zaps a little in level and turned them into an integral/non-random part of the bdr sound, it's now more like a traditionla bdr-thump... ;-)
Hope it's better now. Is it?
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

indeed. i think the mix improved. everything sounds more cohesive now, sound-elements are better integrated but still have enough separation. (how much bass someone can handle may also depend on his monitor-speakers :hihi:)

:tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

That's a great listen, i like the detail and the very active synth lines.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Wow, nice and thick this one. Very inventive and good arrangement.
Well done, sir.
I don't know why , but this reminded me of "one pound fish" by the one-pound fish man. Even though this song is nothing like yours!

"Rotten brains": What is striking: Great expanse, wide space!
Very varied instrumental, sometimes extremely hard, sometimes
quiet, very multifaceted. Bass and kick drum are very well worked
out, with a strong sense of rhythm. It's a lot of fun to listen to! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

CrystalWizard wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:35 pm That's a great listen, i like the detail and the very active synth lines.
Many thanks, CrystalWizard. Glad you liked it!

enroe wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:07 am "Rotten brains": What is striking: Great expanse, wide space!
Very varied instrumental, sometimes extremely hard, sometimes
quiet, very multifaceted. Bass and kick drum are very well worked
out, with a strong sense of rhythm. It's a lot of fun to listen to! :tu:
Wow, that is a nice feedback. Thanks a lot, enroe! :tu:

Cool track Peter:H with lots of interesting variations. Nice use of this synth to make all the sounds. I like the buzzy bass!
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:21 am Cool track Peter:H with lots of interesting variations. Nice use of this synth to make all the sounds. I like the buzzy bass!
Well done!
:)
Thanks, Allomerus! Good to read you liked the listen ...

Return to “Music Cafe”