Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

---
From the future: Hi, I changed the title of the thread as there is no other good thread to discuss rapid at the moment and this thread kind of evolved from my rambling/bug discussion/xp at the start to more general rapid stuff, so I thought I'll evolve the title with it.
---

hi,
the last discussion thread is closed. im currently demoing rapid, the pop ups start just instant appearing and if you turn them off, they just turn on again. i read something about a popup bug in the 1.85 thread. i thought this would ahve been fixed by now. this is extremely irritating, i dont think i can even properly demo the synth like this, everything keeps getting overlayedwith a popup. its not just some minor annoyance, i think it makes it quite unuseable. any info/news on that?

edit: after i tabbed out to write this post, it stopped doing it, this is not very reassuring tho LOL

edit2 demo xp: this might be the most conflicting synth demo ive had, the programming is top notch, it uses like no cpu, the the ui layout is amazing, the rendering is fantastic, it might be the fastest synth ive used but certain things like the demo needing me to refresh every 20 minutes (i mean come on give me a proper demo like Diva or Dune 3, i was 20 minutes into designing a sound and its like nah bro, gotta refresh), the preset states of detune and spread, having to activate every oscillator (bro if i pick a waveform i want the osc on). demo xp so far is amazing and mad annoying at the same time.
Last edited by gExpectations on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

gExpectations wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:56 pm hi,
the last discussion thread is closed. im currently demoing rapid, the pop ups start just instant appearing and if you turn them off, they just turn on again. i read something about a popup bug in the 1.85 thread. i thought this would ahve been fixed by now. this is extremely irritating, i dont think i can even properly demo the synth like this, everything keeps getting overlayedwith a popup. its not just some minor annoyance, i think it makes it quite unuseable. any info/news on that?

edit: after i tabbed out to write this post, it stopped doing it, this is not very reassuring tho LOL

edit2 demo xp: this might be the most conflicting synth demo ive had, the programming is top notch, it uses like no cpu, the the ui layout is amazing, the rendering is fantastic, it might be the fastest synth ive used but certain things like the demo needing me to refresh every 20 minutes (i mean come on give me a proper demo like Diva or Dune 3, i was 20 minutes into designing a sound and its like nah bro, gotta refresh), the preset states of detune and spread, having to activate every oscillator (bro if i pick a waveform i want the osc on). demo xp so far is amazing and mad annoying at the same time.
Just be careful before purchasing - there has been no update in I think 2 years. Not sure if there will be one. Parawave say they are working on an update. But we don't see or hear anything from the company. They may have closed down. :( :(

well last statement by the dev was, they are actively working on it. i trust them. but if its a small operation, things like bugs that aren't deemed important can easily fall between the cracks and not being able to sell the license, makes it a bit risky. still seems like a great synth. also with avenger getting a reverb by the dev of rapid, not sure, if that means anything at all.

It's a great synth. I don't regret buying it but I would hold off buying now, even on sale, until we see if it will be updated more.

Do this to temporarily disable the tools tips:

Go to the directory C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid , or on Mac /Library/Parawave/Rapid/

Open the settings.xml in a text editor and add this tag to the existing properties.

<property name="tooltips" value="0"/>

Save it and restart Rapid.

As for updates, one of the devs posted recently on the Rapid facebook group about an update coming soon. This is what they said "There will be an update in the next months. It's a bigger one adding advanced routing features. A mapping curve for example. There will also be new extensions."

Even in its current state this synth is definitely worth it. The reverb is one of the best I've heard in a synth (and in general). Rapid comes as an FX plugin as well.

MattLeschuck wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:55 am Do this to temporarily disable the tools tips:

Go to the directory C:\ProgramData\Parawave\Rapid , or on Mac /Library/Parawave/Rapid/

Open the settings.xml in a text editor and add this tag to the existing properties.

As for updates, one of the devs posted recently on the Rapid facebook group about an update coming soon. This is what they said "There will be an update in the next months. It's a bigger one adding advanced routing features. A mapping curve for example. There will also be new extensions."

Even in its current state this synth is definitely worth it. The reverb is one of the best I've heard in a synth (and in general). Rapid comes as an FX plugin as well.
thanks, i actually changed my mind a bit. after some more demoing, i think this might be the best synth i ever used. it really is rapid. my previous number one was phaseplant. but this is even faster than phaseplant. im probably gonna pick this up on the next sale with dune 3 (which also really impressed me). im not that high on the reverbs in rapid, definitely useable, i think the ones in dune and possibly pigments are better, but definitely better than your typical reverb. im kinda torn about fx in synths in general because i have stuff like dual delay x, shade, triad, arturia fx collection etc.pp. but if i found such a useable fx implementation in a synth earlier, i might have not ended up buying so many fx in the first place.

ill try the workaround.

edit: in b4 one of the reverbs i called better is just licensed from MR :lol:
Last edited by gExpectations on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i have to add alot of the presets MR created are crazy good too, couple this with the low cpu load on the synth, the rendering of the interface, the ui implementation, i think the man might be a genius.

gExpectations wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:48 pm
MattLeschuck wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:55 am Do this to temporarily disable the tools tips:

thanks, i actually changed my mind a bit. after some more demoing, i think this might be the best synth i ever used. it really is rapid. my previous number one was phaseplant. but this is even faster than phaseplant. im probably gonna pick this up on the next sale with dune 3 (which also really impressed me). im not that high on the reverbs in rapid, definitely useable, i think the ones in dune and possibly pigments are better, but definitely better than your typical reverb. im kinda torn about fx in synths in general because i have stuff like dual delay x, shade, triad, arturia fx collection etc.pp. but if i found such a useable fx implementation in a synth earlier, i might have not ended up buying so many fx in the first place.

ill try the workaround.

edit: in b4 one of the reverbs i called better is just licensed from MR :lol:
Dune will always be my number 1. Rapid in ways is similar with its 8 layer system, so the workflow feels familiar. Rapid does go further though with its granular, multisample, resynthesis and dedicated modulation sources per layer. Plus bus sends (can't think of another synth that does that to this degree). Of the synths i use, its the one I never find myself restricted within.

As much as i love KHS, particularly with Snap Heap and Multipass (some of my most used plugins), i find Phase Plant a bit laboring to use. I like the concept but never reach for it.

As for Reverbs, yes Dune's is fantastic, especially with it's shimmer ability. Rapid for me is a close second. If you haven't already, make sure to give the nuclear, solar, nova and space algo's a try. Particularly nova and space, they are very lush. Thats where I feel the magic is with this reverb. The more familiar hall, plate, etc i find just average.

Anyways, sounds like your are on the right path with thinking about getting Dune and Rapid :) Those two and DS Thorn are my go to's!

MattLeschuck wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:45 am Anyways, sounds like your are on the right path with thinking about getting Dune and Rapid :) Those two and DS Thorn are my go to's!
yeah my gotos right now are pigments (1) and phaseplant (2). i also have zebra but i havent gelled with it yet (besides a bunch of 'smaller' snyths like noise engineering stuff, stuff from PA, NI and so on). But I actually might be similar to you, in that dune and rapid might replace pigments and phase plant. Well time will tell but i feel great about both.

rapid hasn't been updated since 2020. 2020! geeze.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Yeah it really sucks Parawave closed and locked their main Rapid thread, it was a great place (still) to share with other Rapid users. I think they really had enough of people screaming 'it's abandonware now!' despite their receptive claims it's not.

On a more positive note, at least Rapid is Apple Silicon right? From that post... https://www.kvraudio.com/news/parawave- ... wser-50554

Great superpowwerful monster synth, no doubt. I really hope they're just slow at development and they will at least keep supporting OS maintenances if they don't add more features (which I would be fine really, I think it's already quite a complete and very solid synth already). But I just hope for OS maintenance. Quite a unique synth.

where is this guy ? hope he is doing good , rapid still rocks , one of the best godamn synths around da place , anywayz....for everything there is a workaround , u dont always need a support phone to blabber to some poor girl or guy that your 64bit plugin aint workin on your 32bix x86 homemade hackintosh running windows xp thru some virtual enviroment
"Proud Steinberg Cubase 8.5 User ever since Cubasis AV"

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:41 pm Yeah it really sucks Parawave closed and locked their main Rapid thread, it was a great place (still) to share with other Rapid users. I think they really had enough of people screaming 'it's abandonware now!' despite their receptive claims it's not.

On a more positive note, at least Rapid is Apple Silicon right? From that post... https://www.kvraudio.com/news/parawave- ... wser-50554

Great superpowwerful monster synth, no doubt. I really hope they're just slow at development and they will at least keep supporting OS maintenances if they don't add more features (which I would be fine really, I think it's already quite a complete and very solid synth already). But I just hope for OS maintenance. Quite a unique synth.
Agree on the main thread being closed. The dev's just need to be a little more responsive / active.

The Rapid Facebook group im part of gets very little participation as well. I just posted up a preview of a preset pack im putting together showing the more chill side of Rapid. Goal is to showcase this awesome synth and get more people interested / talking about it.

hope vst3 will be released soon

abandonware...
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

Return to “Instruments”