Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Mirko R. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 pm A lot of requests here. :-D Nice to see, you have so many ideas, but as i mentioned,... we also have a big list with ideas that we want to add. Anyway, just carry on. When I read good thinks, I will write them down and add them to our list. ;-)

Any question about existing functions or maybe some sounddesign questions? :-)
I have nothing to request, but I will say that I am very *much enjoying using Rapid, especially the granular engine, which is the first I've used and actually achieved good, useable results with. I will probably sell my license for Pigments now, as I never really got on with the UI/workflow nor yielded good results with the granular (and harmonic) engines, which is what I originally bought it for!
Always Read the Manual!

A question about user multisamples: for the imported WAV files, does it read and use the fine tuning data in the header, when present?

Otherwise there is no way to get multisamples to play in tune, if the WAV files aren’t already perfectly 440Hz, right?

I downloaded the demo a year or so, but I seem to remember that user multisample import was disabled.

Also, am I correct that in order to play user samples, you have to import (copy) them into the Rapid library file structure? That would be a problem, since it would require you to duplicate your entire sample library into the Rapid world to be able to access them. Hopefully you can just leave the files in place, and still use them in Rapid.

Hello,

Is Apple Silicon Native version coming anytime soon?
Thanks

andypryce wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 pm Hello,

Thanks
You missed it. Rapid was one of the first softwares to go native,,,
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Indeed.
1.8.5 - 15. December 2020
Additions:
Compability for MacOS 11 (Big Sur) and Apple Silicon (ARM64) platform.

rsp
sound sculptist

syntonica wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:16 pm
andypryce wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:56 pm Hello,

Thanks
You missed it. Rapid was one of the first softwares to go native,,,
Wow thanks :) was not using it for a long time due to Cubase Mac AS Native VST3 restriction.

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:39 pm
HcDoom wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:11 pm
Mirko R. wrote: Unfortunately, I can't give an exact statement on that. Unexpected obstacles are more common in development. Rapid's architecture is becoming more and more complex and since many elements are interrelated, we have to check and test a lot. As a result, development takes longer. However, you will then also get a stable version. ;-)
Ok, I understand. Are there any new preset packs coming up?
Yes, LoFi in a few days.
Will this be released during the sale?

Mirko R. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 pm Any question about existing functions or maybe some sounddesign questions? :-)
I would love to see some sound design tutorial video's from you where you show certain features from Rapid which you think are worth showing :-)

C-quence wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:21 pm
Mirko R. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 pm Any question about existing functions or maybe some sounddesign questions? :-)
I would love to see some sound design tutorial video's from you where you show certain features from Rapid which you think are worth showing :-)
Good suggestion! Maybe covering some lesser known/unique features of Rapid would be helpful and interesting!
Always Read the Manual!

Mirko R. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:02 pm A lot of requests here. :-D Nice to see, you have so many ideas, but as i mentioned,... we also have a big list with ideas that we want to add. Anyway, just carry on. When I read good thinks, I will write them down and add them to our list. ;-)

Any question about existing functions or maybe some sounddesign questions? :-)
did you give yourself a quote for your work on rapid (on your homepage)? :lol:

no question you are a great sound designer, the presets in rapid are impressive and your work for other companies speaks for itself. if you wanna do some sound design series, ill make sure to watch it.

Another obvious simple feature request in line with making things more rapid: have the modulator icon/graphic changed slightly once it has been assigned. Unless I haven't yet picked up on the correct workflow, currently there's no easy way to see whether a modulator has been used already other than to scroll through all the assignments at the bottom. A simple mark around or under the modulator icon would show quickly which are used and which are free.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

will there be 50% off discount some day?

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:18 pm will there be 50% off discount some day?
Now? Just bought it.

Lazarus451 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:17 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:18 pm will there be 50% off discount some day?
Now? Just bought it.
is 180 euro a 50% off price?
Official site ask for that price...

Apparently the sale just ended even though I couldn’t find an end date on the site

Return to “Instruments”