BendoBox is now available!

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BendoBox is an exploratory, rhythmic multi-effect for manipulating beats and transforming ordinary sounds into entirely new material. Band-splitting, bass-boosting, crunchy saturation, bpm-synced chopping and gating, beat-locked pumping effects, gated feedback and sequenced delay send variations are just some of the many sound-altering possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xQX0LZ3oaA

Features:
  • High/Low Frequency Splitter.
  • Bass Enhancer.
  • Resonant Low Pass Filter.
  • Saturation with extra Crunch.
  • Mod Gate Sequencer: An LFO/Gate combo.
    • Uses include:
    • Ducking and Pumping.
    • Volume Gating.
    • Beat Chopping.
    • Filter Modulation.
    • Spatial Effects.
    • Gated LFOs.
  • Echo: Stereo BPM Delay Unit.
  • Delay Gate Sequencer for triggered delay sends and feedback gating.
  • Freakout: Sporatic randomization of various aspects of the overall effect.
  • Sub-Presets for each FX and Mod/Gate section.
  • Randomize button for each section.
  • Custom GUI scaling.
  • Intuitive patch management system.
  • Several presets to get you started.
BendoBox is available as a VST3 and Audio Unit for $59.

More info, purchasing options and demo downloads here.

Is it just me or the GUI is very unresponsive in Studio One on Win7? Seems to be fine in Renoise and Reaper. Never had such issue with PM plugins before.

So this replaces Undertow... where is the crossgrade offer? :wink:

e@rs wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:07 am Is it just me or the GUI is very unresponsive in Studio One on Win7? Seems to be fine in Renoise and Reaper. Never had such issue with PM plugins before.

So this replaces Undertow... where is the crossgrade offer? :wink:
Strange, I'll try to look into that GUI issue.

It's not an update to Undertow, it's a completely different plugin. It does take some of the features from various plugins I've made over the years, but this is a totally new effect.

But why is Undertow no longer on the site?

giant_panda wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:01 pm But why is Undertow no longer on the site?
I don’t see Undertow getting an upgrade anytime soon, so I decided to discontinue it. I wasn’t really happy with the way the plugin turned out, and I felt the phaser aspect didn’t work well with the original idea of being an effect for drums and beats. BendoBox does many of the things Undertow does, but really takes it in a different direction. I felt I should discontinue any plugins I don’t plan to upgrade for m1 support, as they are becoming obsolete on many systems. The plugins that remain on the site, I plan to upgrade, it’s just a rebuilding process, but it will happen.

Jack, thanks for the general update. Does this mean some of the heavy lifting for M1 porting of the remaining catalog is done and those will move a bit faster now? Not holding you to a timeframe, just hoping to understand the process. I want your catalog of plugins to thrive and grow. It is so distinctive, and the more I use them the more I like them.

I don't own a license to Undertow so I have no dog in this fight, but a crossgrade offer to Undertow owners for Bendobox would be a fair good faith gesture. Undertow had a very short lifespan and does bear a passing resemblance to Bendobox. You'd differentiate yourself from the likes of Izotope too, with their recent discontinuation news.

kidslow wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:47 pm Jack, thanks for the general update. Does this mean some of the heavy lifting for M1 porting of the remaining catalog is done and those will move a bit faster now? Not holding you to a timeframe, just hoping to understand the process. I want your catalog of plugins to thrive and grow. It is so distinctive, and the more I use them the more I like them.

I don't own a license to Undertow so I have no dog in this fight, but a crossgrade offer to Undertow owners for Bendobox would be a fair good faith gesture. Undertow had a very short lifespan and does bear a passing resemblance to Bendobox. You'd differentiate yourself from the likes of Izotope too, with their recent discontinuation news.
EchoMelt3 will be an easy M1 upgrade. I’m hoping to have that completed in a couple weeks. I’m doing a few small updates and improvements for it as well. The other plugins are still undergoing a complete rebuild. This is what’s been taking so long. Phonec3 is happening in the background but it’s a much larger project than an effect. But in general, things should start moving along much quicker.

After some consideration, I have decided to send out an official crossgrade offer. I don't want Undertow customers to feel left out, and I can understand that you deserve an offer for this new plugin since Undertow will no longer be available. If you are an Undertow customer and have not received this email, please let me know and I'll get you set up.

Class act!

:tu:

:clap:

jack [psychicmodulation] wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:15 pm After some consideration, I have decided to send out an official crossgrade offer. I don't want Undertow customers to feel left out, and I can understand that you deserve an offer for this new plugin since Undertow will no longer be available. If you are an Undertow customer and have not received this email, please let me know and I'll get you set up.
Just sent you a PM, I didn't get the crossgrade email. Thanks.

Being a brand new release, is BendoBox AS native?

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:19 am Being a brand new release, is BendoBox AS native?
Yes it is.

nordickvr wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:25 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:19 am Being a brand new release, is BendoBox AS native?
Yes it is.
Where does it say so? There is no info on the website.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”