BFD 3 is so broken,do not Buy if using Windows 11 SOLVED.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:24 pm This makes zero sense, unless you got confused and actually mean upgrading to EZ Drummer 3, rather than Superior Drummer 3.
Upgrades from SD2 to SD3 were time limited.
The window closed a couple years ago.

I almost bought BFD3 because of the $49 price. I have Superior Drummer 2. Just wanted to check out something different. Glad I read this thread first. What a shit show.

It's also weird that there are very few sound examples from BFD3, of the drums being played as a kit. I scoured youtube and came up with almost nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orCMiL6UzEc

look at about 6:00 and there is a new player interface and i think this vid was posted on the BFDrums forum when some were questioning further development of the software and i think i have seen 'some' refer to "BFD4"

usually when a software package goes dirt cheap it is 1) baiting people in before an version upgrade to 'ensure' those that buy cheap will purchase the upcoming new version and 2) they are trying to get the most they can get out of the package before it is abandoned. many companies have done this in the past so it is not isolated to inMusic

personally i don't like the new interface shown but again this is a 'player' version so there may be a better 'advanced' interface and package. i have been onboard since BFD2 and i am hoping for the best. BFD2/3 has always had the best sounding samples imo for 'live' sounding sets (Addictive comes in a close second)

my advice is to not complain if you only paid $50 lol... many others have a LOT more invested over the years but i have to say fxpansion was letting it die so maybe inMusic will give it a bit more life. who knows?

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

BFD 3 is so broken,do not Buy if using Windows 11
cough . . . Bull Shit . . . cough

BFD3 latest version, 60+ expansions, 0 issues.

No further correspondence will be entered into because you're just talking shit.
Say NO to CLAP!

I decided to uninstall again and looked for every registry edit with bfd3 and found a ton and deleted them.
Installed again.
The license manager worked but after installing the libraries,some drums are missing from the core library now.

The Jazz Noir kits presets now load but a tom is missing.

Also the Groove editor is now missing to the right.

Now Toms have microphone icons in the mixer and don't play when I load presets.

What a mess of software lol.

Anyone who says they have this working perfectly must come from Geppeto's puppetry house.

Sounds like a business model,bug up BFD 3 so people have to buy BFD 4,a known business practice by gaming companies like EA.

This turns me off from buying BFD 4.

If BFD 3 is THAT BUGGY,why jump into BFD 4??

Now when I load a preset,only a few items load and the rest are replaced by microphone icons which don't make a sound.

Have to uninstall this shit.

Personally, I don't use software that's dependent upon another computer in order to work. This is why I abandoned BFD and switched to Melda's MDrummer.
eh?

bk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:08 am I almost bought BFD3 because of the $49 price. I have Superior Drummer 2. Just wanted to check out something different. Glad I read this thread first. What a shit show.

It's also weird that there are very few sound examples from BFD3, of the drums being played as a kit. I scoured youtube and came up with almost nothing.
The drums and cymbals that actually load are fantastic but it's like playing roulette everytime you use the software whether it runs properly,it really is very very flaky ,like playing with eggshells.

It is OLD software though but I have SD2 running smooth as a baby's bottom ,no issues.

BFD 3 is an exercise in torture.

And there is a BFD DRUMs forum littered with threads of users with the same issues as me.

I did buy BFD Eco for 100 bux eons ago and that was quite buggy as well.

Hopefully BFD 4 will actually run without issues and is stable as a brick shithouse like SD2 is.

Another thing ,as old as SD2 is,it loads the sounds in a nano second whereas BFD 3 takes ALOT longer.
Last edited by Smasha on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jinotsuh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:44 am

No further correspondence will be entered into because you're just talking shit.
Explain? :D

How did you achieve this Guinness Book Of Records feat?

It obviously has issues with Windows 11.
https://support.bfddrums.com/en/support ... patibility.

My fault for not reading that notice first before jumping in but it's only 50 bux so not that bad.

Am I being reasonable or will someone arrogant come in with six packs blazing before I shoot them down Django Unchained style?

jinotsuh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:44 am

I think anyone can see where the BS is coming from, it's wafting over from your direction. BFD has plenty of issues. The only thing wrong with Smasha's statement is that he thinks it's isolated to Windows 11. Its all OSs.

Even if you have no issues, you must be aware of many other users who have had issues (me included). We're all just making it up are we?

And are you happy about the 90-day subsciption-style reauthorisation? There are plenty who aren't, and the inMusic site does not mention it in the requirements. In fact they never mentioned it when they added it without a new Ts & Cs agreement.

Windows 11 is fully supported. If you can be more descriptive and detailed with your reports, I can try to help.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

one thing i hated about bfd3 and the takeover is fxpansion had no standard set it seems with installers. some of the old stuff was not redone when everything jumped to 64bit so some of the old installers still tried to put things all over the place on windows systems. one had to scan multiple locations within BFD3 itself and when inMusic took over they did their best to 'migrate' or consolidate resources which was a madhouse thanks to fxpansion's laziness imo. myself i would have redid ALL installers during the 64bit transition period but fxpansion failed their customers badly. i never got the migrate process to work properly hence i uninstalled EVERYTHING from fxpansion and started over. that is when i really saw how crappy fxpansion did things over the years. it is not that the software is buggy imo... it is that the resources were scattered to the four corners. i was finding fxpansion installed resources all over the place. that and some of the 3rd party kit installers never were updated or fixed. again this is not inMusic's fault. not trying to defend inMusic but much of the headache was beyond their control. they seemed to do their best to consolidate resources with their 'migrate' process. i suspect that if/when BFD4 comes out EVERYTHING will have been consolidated and individual installers will have been redone or at least i hope so.

cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

bk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:03 am
jens wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:24 pm This makes zero sense, unless you got confused and actually mean upgrading to EZ Drummer 3, rather than Superior Drummer 3.
Upgrades from SD2 to SD3 were time limited.
The window closed a couple years ago.
Oh, I see - I had no idea - my bad!

Stupid and bizarre policy for sure!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/ ... eply-posts

Was available only for a bit more than a year - what a shitty move - in hindsight that kind of makes me regret having done the upgrade back then.

How buggy could BFD3 possibly be, to even just be half as bad as that!?

That company (which imo overprizes anyway) doesn't really deserve a single dime from anyone naymore in my opinion.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:34 pm https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/ ... eply-posts

Was available only for a bit more than a year - what a shitty move - in hindsight that kind of makes me regret having done the upgrade back then.

How buggy could BFD3 possibly be, to even just be half as bad as that!?

That company (which imo overprizes anyway) doesn't really deserve a single dime from anyone naymore in my opinion.
As crappy as that Toontrack move is, inMusic excel at treating the customer like some turd on your shoe, with next-level d**k moves. Avoid.

Return to “Instruments”