Vanguard2 by Refx out 25th of November!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

fisherKing wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:13 am
wangeroge wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:01 am When I go through the presets, I often get the horrible init sound. I have to choose another preset and then the preset again. Then it works.
here too, it seems. it's like you have to let a preset show it's sound when you click on it, then you click on it again to load it (and if you play the keyboard, you get the init sound).

huh? 🤔
Click once to hear the preview, double click to load the preset. Or use the arrow keys, up / down to hear preview, right to load.

JonSolo wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:21 am They just released 2.0.1.
There was a crash if you applied too much pitch modulation to an oscillator and made it go below midi note 0.

Double clicking to load presets is one of the most annoying workflow hindrances possible. Glad I didn't pay £80 to demo it, I'm definitely not going to buy it if that's a thing because Native Instruments did that to Massive X and it makes browsing presets feel so bad.

Does Vanguard 2 have midi learn like they've added to Nexus 4 recently? If so, that might be a solution to the double clicking issue to load the next preset because in Nexus 4 you can assign midi buttons for next and previous preset.

Is it Native to M1 Mac's?
Last edited by Bla28 on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

"M1 silicon" is written on the page, but is it actually native or running in Rosetta mode? Maybe they could clarify this by adding the term "M1 native".

Nice, 49 Euro for maintainance and these improvements sounds quite fair. I actually know quite a lot of musicians which loved Vanguard (I guess for its a bit dirty sound).

But I have one critical question: How about the licensing system? Do you have to be online with your DAW computer on every run? Is there a way to do offline authorization? Thanks.

I have seen the thing with some games on the Mac stating under minimum requirements M1, only to be running on Rosetta 2. Hence why I would like to have confirmation before buying that is indeed native on M1/M2 Mac.

Does anyone know if the aliasing issues is fixed with the OG Vanguard 1?

Basic synth with easy to use GUI and great sound. It's nice that they didn't go overboard with features. Not sure if it's anything spcial for anyone in 2022, though.

While scalable interface is nice, I don't like how they changed the style into something completely different. And very generic.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

There's a lot of competition out there these days....

It's a tough field in 2022 🥳
No auto tune...

Expensive upgrade. Though it's great to get all those sound-sets included. Not a fan of the new GUI. I liked the old silver one better. Not an instant buy for me. The Video is crap.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Is there any way to demo Vanguard 2? I don't see any mention of the demo on their website...

Aloysius wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:45 am Expensive upgrade. Though it's great to get all those sound-sets included. Not a fan of the new GUI. I liked the old silver one better.
It would have been great if they did sliders for the envelopes.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:49 am
Aloysius wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:45 am Expensive upgrade. Though it's great to get all those sound-sets included. Not a fan of the new GUI. I liked the old silver one better.
but then it wouldnt be vanguard would it?
I think this synth looks absolutely amazing. Such a simple and perfect UI - really speaks to me. Simple VA synth of course, thats what vanguard is. If you want complexity - then theres dozens of other synths. Vanguard was made to be a simple but effective VA synth for trance and EDM - and they nailed it.. You guys want a frankenVST... Meanwhile some of us adore vanguard for its simplicity and ease of use, and the new UI really seems perfect. Not often you see a UI that perfectly matches the synth capabilities. Theres a dozen+ synths that can do what vanguard does - but thats not the purpose of vanguard and it never was. The simplicity and UI is what makes it for me at least.

astralprojection wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:11 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:49 am
but then it wouldnt be vanguard would it?
No idea. I never used version 1, so.

This V2 synth looks like a blatant attempt by REFX to penetrate the low end synth market by:
- making a new synth from scratch
- making it load old V1 presets
- passing it off as some kind of legacy "legendary name synth" revived.

Phsshh
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Return to “Instruments”