Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The first synth to have MIDI.
zvenx wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:40 pm I am old enough to have lived through the analog synth heydays of the 70's & 80's. I of course know about the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5, 10, Pro One, T8, but honestly don't ever recall hearing about the 600 until there was a rumour synapse-audio was modeling one.
Was it really a classic, or legendary or well known/used?
rsp
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Ahhh..
rsp
sound sculptist

cryophonik wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:45 pm
kritikon wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:30 pm Edit...forgot I actually bought 4 - 2600 but for some reason I just haven't got around to actually using it yet. Weird, I dunno why? :?
That one looks very intriguing to me. The other one that always sounds great to me in demos is the Neutron. As for the Jupiter, that one seems like it’s going to turn the poly synth market on its head if/when it hits the streets. I expect it will probably sell out immediately and be backordered for a while.
Neutron really interested me also. I was going to buy one but then they announced Proton, so I decided to wait for that instead...if they ever release it. Looks like Proton fills in the gaps that Neutron had, and blue looks better than red. :oops:

Jupiter8...yeah, I doubt there's anyone making electronic music who hasn't heard of it so it already has some kind of customer base ready-made. Pro800 not so much. But I'll have to check it out, could be one of those true gems that isn't an immediately obvious buy. It just smacks to me of being one of those in-between commercial flops that companies release every now and then that flopped because they had no specific place/character/use, cos I never heard of or knew anyone that even secretly lusted after a Pro800. TBH I've never even physically come across one, and I've been around a while. Not just cos they're rare, cos nobody wanted them...?

i was interested in the wasp, but now i can't even think of behringer gear :cry:
let alone anything expensive :cry:

feck you eon :x

I thought you had a Wasp, or a Wasp filter or something vaguely yellow and black?

kritikon wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:31 am I thought you had a Wasp, or a Wasp filter or something vaguely yellow and black?
yeah, i have two wasp filters in the modular, but id like the synth too

Isn't this first poly synth clone which is mountable to 19 inch rack?
I cannot resist :dog:
I bought many behringer clones but all of them were mono. I didn't notice for a while :D

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:16 pm New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEKFSnlEQ8U
I've owned a few Prophet-600's, including a couple with Gligli mods. This sounds better.

Only Mono out. Why :?:

Yes, voice panning is a great feature to have. I even thought Gligli stuff did that, not sure where I got that from.

There are voice panning cards to purchase for Prophet 10 by the way, the one thing they missed on Sequential.
Harmonics blend so nicely spreading voices over stereo field rather than having them cancel each other to output.

In terms of the output, I believe they were being true to the original. I think most synths back then had mono outputs, even the Prophet 5, Polysix, Matrix 1000, etc.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

It would have been so easy for them to stick their June 60 pedal on the output. Not as good as voice panning but a lot easier to do.

Now shipping from their factory (so could be another 30 days until they reach store shelves)

$399, not bad for an 8-voice VCO poly.
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E9I

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:19 pm Now shipping from their factory (so could be another 30 days until they reach store shelves)

$399, not bad for an 8-voice VCO poly.
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E9I
Where are you getting the price from? I couldn't see it on the link
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”