Behringer pro 800

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ericj23 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:57 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:19 pm Now shipping from their factory (so could be another 30 days until they reach store shelves)

$399, not bad for an 8-voice VCO poly.
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E9I
Where are you getting the price from? I couldn't see it on the link
Yeah, everywhere that talked about it is saying $599.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:20 pm
ericj23 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:57 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:19 pm Now shipping from their factory (so could be another 30 days until they reach store shelves)

$399, not bad for an 8-voice VCO poly.
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E9I
Where are you getting the price from? I couldn't see it on the link
Yeah, everywhere that talked about it is saying $599.
From their official Facebook

If that's the actual price then they're going to fly off the shelves.

Damn, $399 for an 8-voice poly?! That's insane!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:47 pm Damn, $399 for an 8-voice poly?! That's insane!
Yeah, I think that it must be a typo.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:52 pm
cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:47 pm Damn, $399 for an 8-voice poly?! That's insane!
Yeah, I think that it must be a typo.
They've mentioned the price twice in two separate Facebook posts. Of course it's still possible that whoever is responsible for their social media got the wrong info but it seems unlikely.

$399? :shock: :-o :nutter:
f**k me with a bouquet of nettles! That's nuts. I wasn't overly interested in it, but at that price I think I'll get one. Somehow I suspect someone left out a 1 in front of the price. Even Behringer can't get them out at that price, surely, unless it's a loss leader. What next...they going to throw out their VCS3 for a tenner?

I had a surf around and everyone seemed to be predicting $600, which is still a great price. But I guess we won't know until it actually comes out - I couldn't find it on sale anywhere yet.

The price doesn't appear to be a mistake. It's listed for preorder in the UK already.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/keyboards-p ... ular-synth
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

f**k me, for that price even i might end up with a poly (it's a fad) synth :o

The Pro-800 would be pretty redundant with my Sequential polys, not to mention that I'm out of space and inputs, but it's still very tempting at that price!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:44 pm The Pro-800 would be pretty redundant with my Sequential polys, not to mention that I'm out of space and inputs, but it's still very tempting at that price!
You could sell one your big boys and replace it with 10 of these. Mind you, space would then still be an issue, but you'd have an 80-voice monster. :wink:

kritikon wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:46 pm You could sell one your big boys and replace it with 10 of these. Mind you, space would then still be an issue, but you'd have an 80-voice monster. :wink:
80-voice unison!

cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:44 pm The Pro-800 would be pretty redundant with my Sequential polys, not to mention that I'm out of space and inputs, but it's still very tempting at that price!
I don't know which Sequentials you own, but this couldn't replace my Prophet 6. Money isn't the only consideration when purchasing an instrument. If the Pro-800 was $100, I still wouldn't buy it because it just simply doesn't do what I need a synthesizer to do. Neither does the Prophet 5 Mk4, though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:44 pm
cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:44 pm The Pro-800 would be pretty redundant with my Sequential polys,...
I don't know which Sequentials you own, but this couldn't replace my Prophet 6....Neither does the Prophet 5 Mk4, though.
Prophet 6, Prophet Rev2, OB-6, and Pro 3. Yeah, the Pro-800 isn't going to replace any of them, but it looks like winner to me and I agree about the P5mk4 - doesn't really do anything for me. :tu:

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:19 pm f**k me, for that price even i might end up with a poly (it's a fad) synth :o
If you consider the Novachord the first polyphonic synth, that's a fad that's been going on for 90 years. Hurry! You might be on the tail end of the fad! :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”