Tokyo Dawn Labs release the SimuLathe product range (virtual disk mastering)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR SimuLathe CUT TDR SimuLathe REF

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:31 pm theres folk near me still use pony n trap :P
Great! :)
Pretty much 100% harmless to the environment. :tu:
No clue how good these ponies are being treated by their owners though?
But what if those people close to you could instead get robot-horses that run on water or wind? Then the ponies could instead roam around as real stallions... :lol:

Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:45 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:31 pm theres folk near me still use pony n trap :P
But what if those people close to you could instead get robot-horses that run on water or wind? Then the ponies could instead roam around as real stallions... :lol:

Is this pony available as vinyl version?
Asking for a friend.

FabienTDR wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 pm We already considered the idea to drive pitch directly from the software. It could allow doing really nice things with the record, such as painting nice visual patterns onto disk. And it would allow instant perfect match to the machine. We kept it for later, will certainly follow sooner or later.
Cool! When you were teasing the plugin first, I honestly thought that the purpose of it would be pitch/feed control, but (without having tested in real life) it is absolutely great what you have achieved with this version already.
That said, I think most cutting engineers are considering modifying the old Neumann motor anyway ‒ or have done already ‒ as it is clearly inferior to digitally controlled modern ones. It's not even a collector's item I guess :)

Yes, we're not far away. One bottleneck is the voltage of a DA output vs those necessary to control the motor. Maybe also additional safety measures. We'd have to find someone building such a box, this isn't completely unrealistic.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:14 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Is this pony available as vinyl version?
Asking for a friend.
Glad to inform you that there is something even better than what your friend is looking for!

PLEASE LOOK CAREFULLY ON THIS PICTURE

Where the hand is in this pic above there will be a vinyl record player, in a new version coming soon!

Finally the word Jockey in Disc Jockey will make perfect sense: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jockey :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fusion

plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:17 pm Why?.. and $160 USD...??
Who ever has followed a real vinyl mastering session should know that this is not expensive at all! Given that the demo has almost no restriction that keeps someone who is only interested in artifacts from using it!
It gets you to a point that you don‘t need test cuts… It pays itself within a few sessions, and can make the amount of studio time needed for those who want to cut their music into vinyl shorter…
Its use case is not a sound effect…

I doubt this plugin will be profitable, too niche compared to their others.

I'm always looking for authentic-sounding lofi-izers. I know that's not the primary purpose here, but it does have some options in that direction, and the authenticity inherent in the extensive modelling looks promising. Will check it out! Love your other stuff Fabien, especially Lim 6 GE.
A well-behaved signature.

pawder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:57 am I doubt this plugin will be profitable, too niche compared to their others.
It might be niche, but there is no competition at all… Non niche products have 100s of competitors, often even in house…

pawder wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:57 am I doubt this plugin will be profitable, too niche compared to their others.
well, Im sure you know TD's business better than they do...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Wow!! What an amazing piece of software. Incredible!

I don’t see this adding anything to the discussion. Unless you own shares in the company, I think it’s best to let TDR worry about how ”niche” the product is for the market, and given the earlier reply in the topic that doesn’t seem to be any concern either way.

Biome_Digital wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:09 am Wow!! What an amazing piece of software. Incredible!
Definitely.
Fabien really deserves the highess level of respect, not only for what he does as a developer but also for the way he's running his business.
Would wish there were more like him all atound the sofwares world.

It seems it'll be hard to not demoing this one, seriously curious about it.
Last edited by nordickvr on Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funny (and yet a li'l sad too) how some folks express their butthurt over TDR's newest release not stimulating their G.A.S. here... :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:20 pm Funny (and yet a li'l sad too) how some folks express their butthurt over TDR's newest release not stimulating their G.A.S. here... :lol:
indeed.
and not understanding that while doing r and d for this, have probably perfected some code/elements that will help improve future products.
or that they are not the only customer on the planet "it's no use for me, so no one else must need such a thing!" :nutter:

Return to “Effects”