2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new year is coming. So, it's time for new thread.

When I started last year's thread, I pondered the possibility of acquiring a vintage Ensoniq synth (perhaps a VFX or a TS-10 in good condition at a bargain price) but that never happened. However, I did acquire a MOTU 8-channel MIDI interface, along with a MOTU 10x14 audio interface. Now, I find myself needing even more cables than ever! :-o

So, my first acquisition of 2023 will probably be more audio and MIDI cables.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should start my own cable manufacturing company, to pay for this seemingly eternal need for more cables? :hihi:

What do you hope to acquire in 2023? :)
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

:lol: hopefully, funnily enough, a midi 4x4
other than that, probably more patch cables (long) and i need a decent chair.
oh and a guitar stand/rack.

XPO is on my list.

Generation Loss MKII will arrive in 2023

And if I can order at normal non scalper prices, I’ll be happy to pick up the Bebe Cherie from OTO Machines.

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:30 pm :lol: hopefully, funnily enough, a midi 4x4
other than that, probably more patch cables (long) and i need a decent chair.
oh and a guitar stand/rack.
Now that you mention it, my current chair isn't in great condition. I'll probably have to replace it in the coming year. I don't need any guitar stands, but I do need a better arrangement for my synths. I've too many desktop items, and not enough desk! :o
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

My recent post on GS for the same topic:

I don’t have space or inputs for anything else right now, so any new items would likely mean getting rid of something(s) else. At this point, there’s nothing I really want to get rid of, but if/when Sequential releases a Trigon 6 desktop or I find a great deal on a Studio Electronics CODE/Omega, some of my current synths will be very nervous. I also keep eyeing the Jomox Alpha Base, so that would probably replace an Elektron box or two. I guess I’ll check back in a year and see how far off I was….
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

i probably won't, because they ain't cheap, and im not sure i can play one...
but i would like a hurdy-gurdy.
if anyone would like to buy me one, im ok with that 8) :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:58 pm i probably won't, because they ain't cheap, and im not sure i can play one...
Same. I love the sound of them, but it doesn't seem like anyone makes a nice cheap beginner version.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:58 pm i probably won't, because they ain't cheap, and im not sure i can play one...
Wasn’t this on your 2022 list?

Or was that Whyterabbyt? I remember a Hurdy Gordy that could be bought from Amazon and put together.

elxsound wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:20 pm
Wasn’t this on your 2022 list?

Or was that Whyterabbyt? I remember a Hurdy Gordy that could be bought from Amazon and put together.
its been on the list for many years tbh, but as foosnark says, no one seems to do a budget model, and its a hell of an outlay for an instrument i dont know if i can play and wouldnt be getting used all the time, it is more of an occasional accompaniment for me.

yeah whyterabbyt bought the kit one, that is fairly cheap, but im not sure what it will sound like, its a wooden jigsaw type thing, they do the planets and a bicycle and such...
still waiting on him to build and report back, both about sound and how fiddly, my damaged nerves make things difficult, even the lego has been slowed down to almost nowt :o

foosnark wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:11 pm
Same. I love the sound of them, but it doesn't seem like anyone makes a nice cheap beginner version.
if we could get another two involved, we could all go in, then have it 3 months and pass it on :lol:

A Hydrasynth Deluxe in February, and a Prophet 10 at some point this year. Also would like to get an Alpha Juno 2 at some point, and/or maybe an SH-2. In the meantime, I need a bigger keyboard stand for my recent acquisitions (EMAX SE 1 and a JX-10) and probably an upgrade to the RME UFX+.

Sonokinetic’s hurdy-gurdy Kontakt library is free.

SHall1000 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:36 pm
Sonokinetic’s hurdy-gurdy Kontakt library is free.
wont be a total babe magnet though! :hihi:

DId we see this one already? I can't recall. £598

https://youtu.be/PxjJayglakQ

So far my only priorities are a black face plate for the bitbox 1010, and cables. cables. and more cables.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”