2023: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2023)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 am It would, yes. As would this:

Touch+Controller.jpg
An excellent tool... part of my Voltage Research Lab

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:51 am I really like the look of the 0-CNTRL by makenoise ... I think it would compliment the Taiga nicely. 8)
It would, yes. As would this:

Touch+Controller.jpg
I have aready have one as part of my VRL :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:51 am I really like the look of the 0-CNTRL by makenoise ... I think it would compliment the Taiga nicely. 8)
good choice, like elxsound, im sorely tempted to add asecond at some point :oops:
just dont watch the video where walker uses two, youll be ok :tu: :hihi:

elxsound wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:47 pm Received Ornament & Crime today.

I’ve gone all in on button combos and menu dives.
I'm going the other direction. I want to sell most of my complex modules and stick mostly to WYSIWYG modules.

I like patching... don't like menus and button combos that I have a hard time remembering.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:40 pm Is anyone in the know about the Korg Opsix? It was recently discontinued, but is that because there’s a new version on the way or a newer FM synth or is it just dead?
I'm not in the know, but I hope they they release a v2 that has a much more solid construction and either a better keybed and/or, preferably, a module version. Opsix is a great sounding synth with a really intuitive layout and architecture, but it's totally let down by its terrible construction and almost worthless keybed.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

pdxindy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:52 pm

I'm going the other direction. I want to sell most of my complex modules and stick mostly to WYSIWYG modules.

I like patching... don't like menus and button combos that I have a hard time remembering.
I’ll get there soon! I want to explore more and take what I want from various utilities and generative stuff without buying/selling too much.

Down the road, we’ll see if I keep either one of these.

As the Opsix didn’t get super discounted I’m happy to hang fire. Just noticed second hand uk prices are coming down to around £350 including delivery. Ideally there’d be a desktop sequel, I don’t need more keys.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:19 pm As the Opsix didn’t get super discounted I’m happy to hang fire. Just noticed second hand uk prices are coming down to around £350 including delivery. Ideally there’d be a desktop sequel, I don’t need more keys.
There was a chop-six conversion kit (no chopping required) via Kickstarter, but its ended the funding/buy-in stage. It was about $200 (and likely more from US to UK).

I want the kit, but I’m not willing to spend that at this time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lo ... ix-modwave

This wasn’t what I had in mind when first starting, but this will be fun to explore more.

:party:

IMG_2023-5-22-140146.jpeg
needs more cable :band:

no more naked synth pics!!!
lets hear it!!! :party: :party: :party:

vurt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:59 pm

This wasn’t what I had in mind when first starting, but this will be fun to explore more.

:party:

IMG_2023-5-22-140146.jpeg
needs more cable :band:

no more naked synth pics!!!
lets hear it!!! :party: :party: :party:
:lol: I’m still unpatching after every use, but definitely more noise coming… well, once I figure out how to use it.

Normally I have a decent grasp on what to do before anything arrives, but I’ve only watched Spectraphon videos this whole time :scared:

elxsound wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 pm
Normally I have a decent grasp on what to do before anything arrives, but I’ve only watched Spectraphon videos this whole time :scared:
they have been quite addictive :lol:

vurt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm
good choice, like elxsound, im sorely tempted to add a second at some point :oops:
Every video I've seen has blown me away. The reviewers all seem to be having a total blast. I just ordered the last one in stock at Juno (must have had my name on it) :hihi: Should be here Wednesday :wheee:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 am
vurt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 pm
good choice, like elxsound, im sorely tempted to add a second at some point :oops:
Every video I've seen has blown me away. The reviewers all seem to be having a total blast. I just ordered the last one in stock at Juno (must have had my name on it) :hihi: Should be here Wednesday :wheee:
it is honestly a great little sequencer!
lots of fun, either using the pressure of the plates or in the other mode, ratcheting one step!! cool while tweaking a filter for example.
should pair really well with the taiga!

Finally grabbed myself a Pam’s Pro. FWIW Juno are running a deal via ebay, if you order through ebay and use the code BIGFIVE you get 5% off which made it £247 with free shipping.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Just ordered something we talked about over a year ago on this forum.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”