Sad state of Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martiu wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:57 am how is the aliasing on native instruments plugin :?
Is this a serious question? NI has gazillion products developed over decades, not sure they share the same dsp handling 🤔

martiu wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:57 am how is the aliasing on native instruments plugin :?
I think it got better with NA3, you could always hear NA2 struggling with higher registers. :?

Awesome. Just awesome.

mabian wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 am
Is this a serious question? NI has gazillion products developed over decades, not sure they share the same dsp handling 🤔
Reaktor gives birth to everything, it is the hive queen over there.
They should change the name to Reakta :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:27 pm
mabian wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:03 am
Reaktor gives birth to everything, it is the hive queen over there.
They should change the name to Reakta :?
They won’t change the name, they have dropped Reaktor - maybe they have not enough old employees left who can handle their old codes.
They seem to be only focused to their old Kontakt code

I'm looking for collaborators for a new song
I say this tounge-in-cheek, but there's a plethora of 1st hand experiences to draw from, from multiple sites

Name of the song would be "Sad State of Native Instruments"
Could be a 60's based protest
Could be a 70's Punk revolt
Could be a John Cage 4'33" type thingy which would be fitting for peps using NI product

OK, I'll leave now........
Bunch O Stuff

Or a Borodin-like futuristic piece on rotten machinery.

A derivative of Joan Baez Diamonds and Rust.

Scoops wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:26 pm I'm looking for collaborators for a new song
I say this tounge-in-cheek, but there's a plethora of 1st hand experiences to draw from, from multiple sites

Could be a John Cage 4'33" type thingy which would be fitting for peps using NI product

how sad are you? :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:08 pm
Scoops wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:26 pm I'm looking for collaborators for a new song

how sad are you? :?
Not too sad at all, I've been in the process of abandoning NI products for well documented reasons
Fabfilter, Spitfire, and a host of other vendors are suiting my needs. So I may not be a good collaborator

I, like many others, are disgruntled by the fact that we have invested a large sum of money, and unless I upgrade, I will effectively loose that investment. In addition, the functionality of NA is a total fuster cluck :shock:
Bunch O Stuff

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:10 am
Dalle wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:06 am Their latest product (another sampleset with a pretty picture) doesn’t even have the correct amount of black keys on its keyboard :P Image
This is when you know that the marketing department is running the show. It's a very pretty picture though, no?
Is that one of them newfangled atonal keyboards, per chance, based on the Osmosis/Soundplane? Or is that just muzak for ambidextrous plants and who cares otherwise?
As a one who has done design-work, probably my top time-drain, aside from getting out of the office cubicle going to the washroom/water cooler/vending machine, was related to research. Design, IOW, is/was ~75% research, give or take. Unless that image has been doctored (a very real possibility these daze), it's practically sacrilegious not to be able to figure out what is a main design component.
Last edited by Borbolactic on Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

youtu.be/c3nScN89Klo?si=Em4rgtXoyL6aSi04&t=80

Just copy and paste that into your browser's address bar and then go and have a drink.

I hadn't checked the progress of UI vectorization since Kontakt 7.8, but it looks like NI have finally finished the job!

Here is Kontakt 7.10.1:

All text and symbol elements now display smoothly at 200%! :clap:

For references, here is it in v7.8.0:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Scoops wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:37 pm Not too sad at all, I've been in the process of abandoning NI products for well documented reasons
Fabfilter, Spitfire, and a host of other vendors are suiting my needs. So I may not be a good collaborator
I no longer have anything from NI installed and I’m not sad at all. It’s a relief.

I care becasue I don't want them to abandon reaktor , the only thing that might substitute it is Plug data ( pure data )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”