IK CSR - has anyone copied over the original Lexicon PCM90/91 presets?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caine123 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:24 pm
machinated wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm not too different, but also some slightly different behaviours here. no idea if orchestral hall is based off deep blue.

https://youtu.be/MlBqnTJHX1c

just going through some other presets. lots of them seem based off them, in that there is an inherent similarity but slightly tweaked. It also seems some of the included IK presets go by different names, for instance "Looong Plate" in CSR sounds a LOT like the "Just Plate" from the HW.
this is really impressive! i struggle to re-create the CSR Hall Presets:
Large Hall & Large Organ Church with the Relab 480 Reverb.

were you succesful? i want to replace the IKM Plugin. this would be awesome!
I didn’t recreate anything myself, just went through the IK presets and found what was closest. I can see if any match to the Reverberate FIR captures of those specific presets, but if there aren’t any factory presets on CSR then it’s probably easier finding the HW values and copying those in (at least to start with).

jens wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:35 am Yes, I basically just need to find the time/energy - I am really curious myself as to how close CSR is to it...
If/when you do, please post an A/B of Lexicon and CSR. A blind test would be fun.

And if you transcribe any of the first 6 presets, you could throw in LX480, if you own it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Will certainly do!

I only own the light version...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Does LX480 Essentials have the Modern > 1990s Hardware preset folder with “Deep Blue”?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Neither - nor (at least not the version I have installed (which is super-buggy so I stopped using it (I know this might be fixed in the current version but I much rather waste my time posting crap here at KVR than being a guinea-pig like this))
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”