ValhallaVintageVerb 3.0 Update - New Palace (Room) Mode Added

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seancostello wrote:Image

We have just released the 3.0.0 update of VintageVerb, with the new Palace reverb algorithm!

The Palace mode is loosely inspired by a classic “room simulator” algorithm from the 1980s, but updated to allow higher echo density and lush modulation. Palace is perfect for room reverbs of all sizes, ranging from small drum rooms through concert halls and all the way up to giant cathedrals. The Palace algorithm sounds more realistic and open than the other room algorithms in VintageVerb, while still retaining old school digital charm.

Wanna learn more about the Palace algorithm? Check out our blog post. Already own VintageVerb? Just log into your Valhalla user account and grab the installers!

We recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of the release of VintageVerb. The Palace algorithm is our way of saying thanks to VintageVerb customers for 10 years of support!
I'm guessing the new mode is Quantec inspired.

And just to not be a total ingrate: thanks Valhalla! It's amazing how new algorithms continue to be added to the Valhalla plugins even after all this time.

No need to guess re: Quantec, he makes that very clear in the description + newsletter. It's a QRS inspired algo.

Did this just move from 2.2 to 3.0 ?

VitaminD wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:15 pm Did this just move from 2.2 to 3.0 ?
Sure did. If you're making software, version numbers are whatever you want them to be.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:27 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:15 pm Did this just move from 2.2 to 3.0 ?
Sure did. If you're making software, version numbers are whatever you want them to be.
Well okay. I was just wondering if I had missed some versions, that's all.

I did also discover a bug in Cubase. When you show the VVV Gui, it resizes slightly larger, close it, reopen it, and it resizes slightly larger. It will keep growing in size if you continue to close and reopen the VVV gui.

:eek: W T F? 10 years?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

VitaminD wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:42 pm Well okay. I was just wondering if I had missed some versions, that's all.
No, you didn't miss anything. The version number definitely made me go "hmm..." myself.

morelia wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:47 pm :eek: W T F? 10 years?
Right? It's still one of my go-to reverbs. Cytomic's The Glue is another one that's been out forever and still gets use. I think that one was released in 2009. Makes me feel every bit the middle-aged man that I am.

Woah! What a cool new algo! Sounds gorgeous! Easily my new favourite of the bunch. It can be so LOUD without smothering everything. Amazing.

Thanx a lot, Sean. And happy anniversary! :D

P.S. What an investment: 10 years and how many algorithms were added over the years, without charging extra? Not to forget SuperMassive, the free mega gift! Exceptional.

I just checked in my account: I bought VVV at the end of 2012. Ten years ago, and all updates for free!!! And how amazing all these updates were and now this!
Come on Sean, make a new plugin please. I wanna buy it. :hihi: :hug:

I can't lie and say it is one of my favourites, but Sean's business model (I hope is good for him too) but from a customer's pov, I love it.

Thanks for this free update.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks Sean :)

Thanks!

Wowvvv
Thank you!!!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Effects”