Observations, questions and bugs/issues?

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
here i am again...being a bit of a pain. Apisonic could you kindly respond to these questions, issues and requests below?

1. I've observed that drag loading from finder or speedrum's browser of more than 16 samples at one time on to A bank beginning at pad #1 will not continue loading the rest of the selected and dragged samples past pad 16 continuing into Bank B 17-32.

I know someone will say "just view both A/B banks and drag all the samples!" which is true but honestly it should just work by dragging and automatic pad continuation.

2. Autoload Kits - hitting the return works but it's an extra step. Especially if you're using a controller with assigned keyboard strokes to buttons for navigating up and down the kits. By default we should also have the choice of being able to View Samples/View Kits/or View All via a dropdown box in the browser. This gives us the option to quickly navigate and audition through kits or samples without the hassle of skipping folders, samples, kits or whatever other files that exist in said folder. As it stands now my sample folders are getting in the way of quickly loading and auditioning kits. Please make this workflow easier.

3. I've noticed that loading a new kit will erase all previous knob values, checked boxes and all other choices. While this can be viewed as a normal behavior. Can we be given the choice to suppress this behavior in preferences? There are 2 reasons for this.
First reason is that i've noticed that all my default values that i've assigned to knobs, checkboxes and drop down boxes get overwritten when I Import a kit. Specifically Geistkits. I've done all this work setting up default values in speedrum and when i do the import it'll wipe out all my previous set values. i just want to pull my hair out! I'm not looking forward to converting 3k kits this way.
Second reason for a preference is that I might just want to quickly audition a new kit with all the previous editing i've done. For example i've done different pitches and etc. It opens up creative possibilities quickly for example by playing back the sequence while loading different kits yet retaining edited knob values. BTW: Speedrum does NOT exhibit the described behavior when loading just samples from the browser! In this case it retains all the previous pad's edited values!

4. In addition to the previous note and to make things easier.....can we have an addition to the Drop down File menu such as:

Save As Default Kit
Load Default Kit

While it may seem redundant.....I'm not sure i feel so good about being dependent upon a DAW's ability to do this. I have several DAW's and there's not really cross platform sharing for daw default presets.

5. Can you please make Sample Start and End Brackets assignable to midi cc? for obvious reasons...lol

Thanks again for a great product and taking the time to humor us.

DF

dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 1. I've observed that drag loading from finder or speedrum's browser of more than 16 samples at one time on to A bank beginning at pad #1 will not continue loading the rest of the selected and dragged samples past pad 16 continuing into Bank B 17-32.

I know someone will say "just view both A/B banks and drag all the samples!" which is true but honestly it should just work by dragging and automatic pad continuation.
It depends on the workflow... for example, if you want to work only with 16 pads, you can be sure that there won't be more loading of samples that you don't need... or if you want to replace samples only on one group...
Maybe an option could be added to Preferences, I'll think about it
dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 2. Autoload Kits - hitting the return works but it's an extra step. Especially if you're using a controller with assigned keyboard strokes to buttons for navigating up and down the kits. By default we should also have the choice of being able to View Samples/View Kits/or View All via a dropdown box in the browser. This gives us the option to quickly navigate and audition through kits or samples without the hassle of skipping folders, samples, kits or whatever other files that exist in said folder. As it stands now my sample folders are getting in the way of quickly loading and auditioning kits. Please make this workflow easier.
I don't intend to upgrade the current browser anymore, because I plan to write a new better browser from scratch, which should include that as well, among other things.
dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 3. I've noticed that loading a new kit will erase all previous knob values, checked boxes and all other choices. While this can be viewed as a normal behavior. Can we be given the choice to suppress this behavior in preferences? There are 2 reasons for this.
First reason is that i've noticed that all my default values that i've assigned to knobs, checkboxes and drop down boxes get overwritten when I Import a kit. Specifically Geistkits. I've done all this work setting up default values in speedrum and when i do the import it'll wipe out all my previous set values. i just want to pull my hair out! I'm not looking forward to converting 3k kits this way.
Second reason for a preference is that I might just want to quickly audition a new kit with all the previous editing i've done. For example i've done different pitches and etc. It opens up creative possibilities quickly for example by playing back the sequence while loading different kits yet retaining edited knob values. BTW: Speedrum does NOT exhibit the described behavior when loading just samples from the browser! In this case it retains all the previous pad's edited values!
Interesting, and if I understood correctly what you actually want is to be able to load only the layers from the kit, while the settings of the pads remain untouched (as if they were locked), am I right?
dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 4. In addition to the previous note and to make things easier.....can we have an addition to the Drop down File menu such as:

Save As Default Kit
Load Default Kit

While it may seem redundant.....I'm not sure i feel so good about being dependent upon a DAW's ability to do this. I have several DAW's and there's not really cross platform sharing for daw default presets.
Valid request, I'll think about it.
dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 5. Can you please make Sample Start and End Brackets assignable to midi cc? for obvious reasons...lol
Yes, it is on the way... the situation here is specific due to the use of waveform zoom.

dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 1. I've observed that drag loading from finder or speedrum's browser of more than 16 samples at one time on to A bank beginning at pad #1 will not continue loading the rest of the selected and dragged samples past pad 16 continuing into Bank B 17-32.

It depends on the workflow... for example, if you want to work only with 16 pads, you can be sure that there won't be more loading of samples that you don't need... or if you want to replace samples only on one group...
Maybe an option could be added to Preferences, I'll think about it

:tu: :tu: :tu:

dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 2. Autoload Kits - hitting the return works but it's an extra step. Especially if you're using a controller with assigned keyboard strokes to buttons for navigating up and down the kits. By default we should also have the choice of being able to View Samples/View Kits/or View All via a dropdown box in the browser. This gives us the option to quickly navigate and audition through kits or samples without the hassle of skipping folders, samples, kits or whatever other files that exist in said folder. As it stands now my sample folders are getting in the way of quickly loading and auditioning kits. Please make this workflow easier.
I don't intend to upgrade the current browser anymore, because I plan to write a new better browser from scratch, which should include that as well, among other things.

dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 3. I've noticed that loading a new kit will erase all previous knob values, checked boxes and all other choices. While this can be viewed as a normal behavior. Can we be given the choice to suppress this behavior in preferences? There are 2 reasons for this.
Interesting, and if I understood correctly what you actually want is to be able to load only the layers from the kit, while the settings of the pads remain untouched (as if they were locked), am I right?

Yes Sir!! :tu: :tu: :tu:
dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 4. In addition to the previous note and to make things easier.....can we have an addition to the Drop down File menu such as:

Save As Default Kit
Load Default Kit

Valid request, I'll think about it.

dennisobj wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 pm 5. Can you please make Sample Start and End Brackets assignable to midi cc? for obvious reasons...lol
Yes, it is on the way... the situation here is specific due to the use of waveform zoom.

Woohoo!! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Once again thanks for taking a look at this.

Dennis Ferrer

Return to “Apisonic Labs”