Share IK Tonex captures

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was unsuccessfull looking for a thread like this so I figured I'd start one.

Share your IK Multimedia TONEX captures. Include as much detail as possible about the gear and the capture process (ie advanced training etc.) Like this.

Hi everyone. I was finally able to model my vintage 90's rackmount rig.

Preamp:
Bogner/Hafler Triple Giant
Legendary three channel tube preamp
Seven 12ax7 tubes running at high voltage!
Similar to the Bogner Fish preamp.
Clean, Brown and Sharp channels captured with advanced training.

The Clean channel is crisp and jangly with just the right amount of breakup. Sounds thick and full of tube goodness through the VHT.

The Brown channel is warm, thick and crunchy.
Great for for everything from Cult Electric style driving rhythm guitars to SRV style overdriven but jangly blues sounds.

The Sharp channel is tight and meaty with tons of articulate, dynamic distortion. It's a lead channel but dominates at chunking rhythms. Think Megadeth.

Power amp:
VHT 2502 (EL34 tubes)
This top tier power amp needs no introduction. Perfectly dialed in to the sweet spot for maximum thump and articulation.

Advanced training captured WITHOUT a speaker cabinet thru a Two-Notes Captor load box and reamped with Radial Reamp HP. Use with your favorite cab IRs.

Find the Tone Models on my Tonex .net profile and follow me for updates. Same rig captured with a 4x12 Celestion Vintage 30 cabinet coming soon.

https://www.tone.net/tonex/users/recourt

I like those captures quite a bit. Very good stuff.

For my own captures I tried to take full advantage of the tags in ToneX and include as much relevant information as possible, including amp/pedal settings, what speakers are in the cabinet (pet peeve: seeing the amp name listed as the combo but not knowing what speakers the cab is loaded with), channels/inputs, outboard (where relevant), etc. I wish more people took full advantage and provided more thorough documentation in the captures.

If anyone has questions on any of mine, feel free to ask. If it's not documented, I usually use a ToneKing IronMan Mini II reactive load box in the No Cab captures.

Thanks man. I'd like to check out your captures. I also feel that there needs to be more space for metadata. I can never get all the info in there. Stuff about advanced training etc. Tonex should automatically describe what type of training is used.

Recourt wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:37 pm Thanks man. I'd like to check out your captures. I also feel that there needs to be more space for metadata. I can never get all the info in there. Stuff about advanced training etc. Tonex should automatically describe what type of training is used.
Totally agree. Not sure why they didn't automatically include the training model used. I almost always opted for the Advanced except for maybe a few low to mid gain stompbox captures.

And now for something completely different. Haven't seen many power amp captures so here's one.

VHT 2502 power amp (EL34) no cab
Cranked to the sweet spot and captured with advanced training thru a Torpedo Captor load box because my windows would be blown out with a cab attached. Peeps using preamp pedals etc my find it useful.

What's different on the Triple Giant v2 captures? Are these just different settings?

The v2 Triple Giant is dialed in for a real vintage 30 4x12 cab I'm using and the drive on Brown and Sharp channels are maxed.
The first versions were meant to be more neutral for different cab IRs and they have less gain.

Also just added the Hafler T3 tube preamp thru VHT 2502 power, no cab.
Total sleeper 90s rack preamp. Three channels, one clean and two distortion channels. It was the poor man's Triple Giant back in the day. Clean channels is actually better than the TG. There are two different captures of all three channels. Advanced training of course.

Three new (preamp only) advanced training captures of the Bogner-Hafler Triple Giant. Clean, Brown and Sharp channels.
These are made to experiment with stand alone power amp captures, like my VHT 2502. Use it with the power amp capture of you choice and a favorite IR.

Hey, thanks a lot for the captures! I'll be trying out the preamps.

No problem, thank you. I hope you like them.

Today, I put up two new captures of my Princeton Reverb, one a really nice clean sound, and while I had it mic'd up, I did a second with a drive pedal in front.

I'm also going to be putting up 5 new captures of my 5E3 Tweed Deluxe clone shortly, mostly focused on crunch and Neil Young tones. The 4 "Neil Young" inspired captures are based on the "Whizzer" settings I saw from a Guitar Player interview with Neil Young's guitar tech. Neil's amp uses 6L6's and is biased super hot, but the settings translated pretty well to my own Tweed Deluxe so I just went with them.

Today's captures all use the Fredman method with dual SM57's 50 degrees apart. This method and will probably be my new "go to" approach since it's easy, avoids phase issues, and sounds great. The one off-axis mic provides more girth on the low end and smooths out some of the schmutz of the mids on the on-axis microphone. So you get a classic SM57 guitar tone just with more body and less annoying high-mids.

Everything today was dialed in on a Les Paul with P90s.

Is there any way to search tone.net for specific users? Or specific amps for that matter?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:30 pm Is there any way to search tone.net for specific users? Or specific amps for that matter?
Yes to both. Just use the text search in TONEX itself. The TONE.NET section of the application allows searching for both via text strings.

Thanks!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Guitars”