[Solved]Dimension Pro - no gui in windows 11 - anybody know why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Preparing new daw with stuff from Windows 7.

DP is scanned, in this case in Sonar - but not shown in list in plugin manager.
- you see in registry that it is there among all other plugins

There is a standalone EXE that also depend on the VST plugin dll, and that show no gui either.

Test compatibility Windows 7 - still no go.

What might be the cause?

Thanks.
Last edited by lfm on Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't have Windows 11, but did you try running the DAW or standalone version as Admin? (in Win10: right-click and select Run as Adminstrator).

I have Windows 11 & in FL Studio I get GUI issues with some VSTs. Not all. I have experienced this weird cut effect where the GUI looks like it's cut into ribbons. Not pixelated, but looks like someone slashed it with a razor. If I minimize the GUI, then restore it, it's fine. I'm thinking the plug doesn't know where the GUI elements are. Perhaps the install?

Hi

This product was produced ages ago and certainly has had no updates for many years - is it even 64 bit?
I have a boxed version of it, really like it (haven't had it installed for years though) - perhaps it might work in 'bridged' form?

lfm wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:45 am Preparing new daw with stuff from Windows 7.

DP is scanned, in this case in Sonar - but not shown in list in plugin manager.
- you see in registry that it is there among all other plugins

There is a standalone EXE that also depend on the VST plugin dll, and that show no gui either.

Test compatibility Windows 7 - still no go.

What might be the cause?

Thanks.
Dimension Pro works fine in Windows 7, and I haven't seen any reports of issues with it in Win10, either. If your installation of it doesn't work in Win7, the plug-in's installation could be corrupt.

You may want to re-install it under an administrator account. You could also try the standalone version in "compatibility" mode, though that shouldn't be necessary.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Not very helpful but I have it working fine in Reaper on Win11 so it can work...

Many thanks for suggestions, I've tried a few tips from here and made sure to run installers as admin.
- no difference

But found the scan of x64 plugin I just transferred from Windows 7 ended up being identified as effect and there it was. Tried plugin manager to change that, but it won't run anyway. There are loads of references to classes and stuff in registry and all has to be right to work.

Searching around I found this update to 1.5 which has installer for x64 versions too
Found this link
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... 1-5-Update

But links just stall and timeout.

I think this is the crucial bit, rather than Windows 11 itself.
- a proper installer is needed

I contacted Cakewalk support and see if they will assist in this.
My account had update 1.2 updating disk installs, but not 1.5.
There are 3 free expansion packs too that I don't find installers for on any computer I have.

EDIT Cakewalk solved it rather quickly and downloads worked.
And installs as well and Windows 11 is up to par.

Again thanks for assists.
Regards

Return to “Instruments”