Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

MrJubbly wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:45 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:25 am I can't see a link to TWIN2 pre-sets, do you have to download TWIN 2 and get them that way?
There is a link for 'All Factory Presets' on Fabfilter's Support page.

Scroll to near the bottom of the page, then click the link to download 'just' the presets for every Fabfilter plugin.

Then just extract the Twin and Twin 2 preset folders from the downloaded zip archive into your usual ..\Documents\Fabfilter\ user folder.

The next time you run Twin 3, these should show up in the preset menu.
Thank you!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Keep in mind that Twin2 presets are NOT 100% compatible. There is quite a bit of "massaging" that needs to be done to make sure they work correctly. This is why we couldn't just include all previous Twin2 presets as every one had to be checked individually and quite a few things changed for some that completely bugged out. I used two full work days to create that current crop of "best of Twin2" and go through the full Twin2 library.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:13 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:42 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:17 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:23 pm I'm planning on adding a bunch of new presets for the upcoming major updates
Can you say what may be in this or when it may be out (I am still on the 30 day demo)
I have no idea. I'm waiting for FabFilter to keep me updated on the progress but so far I haven't heard anything. I suspect they are hard at work trying to solve the MPE question.

I myself am trying to get hold of the Osmos keyboard so that I finally have an MPE capable controller.. otherwise it's going to be a pain assigning MPE parameters to presets (can be done via external sliders and expression pedals but it's NOT the same thing because you loose the interactivity and creativity of actually playing an MPE controller).
I have an Osmose, I highly recommend it!
How's the build quality feeling? I'm slightly worried about all that side to side and pressing motion being a weak spot. I'm a bit heavy handed when it comes to keyboards (unfortunately a flaw in my technique as I've played way too many digital pianos instead of actual pianos in my life!).

EDIT: Actually, I think there is an Osmose thread here. I'll take it there!

bmanic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:33 pm Keep in mind that Twin2 presets are NOT 100% compatible. There is quite a bit of "massaging" that needs to be done to make sure they work correctly. This is why we couldn't just include all previous Twin2 presets as every one had to be checked individually and quite a few things changed for some that completely bugged out. I used two full work days to create that current crop of "best of Twin2" and go through the full Twin2 library.
I also downloaded them yesterday thanks to the instructions in this thread. Simple presets seems to work good enough, maybe not fully similar to twin 2 but .... "good enough" . Anyway I rarely use a preset with no tweaking at all (or "massaging " hehe).

Can't wait to get your new presets @bmanic, you got me curious 🙂

Another sound I'm working on.

Simple until you use modwheel (Google Drive, 2.8mb mp3)

bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:36 am Another sound I'm working on.
Very cool. Start very simple.... and then .

spamming this everywhere so it hopefully gets seen eventually:
Twin3 needs to have analogue drift switchable :)
When layering basses or kicks+basses from Twin3 it becomes excruciatingly problematic because random nulls and boosts are too unpredictable and hard to tame.

My 30 day demo just ended!……Time for the spring sale FabFilter….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 pm My 30 day demo just ended!……Time for the spring sale FabFilter….
buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:56 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 pm My 30 day demo just ended!……Time for the spring sale FabFilter….
buy now :?
Tempting...I already bought it for the iPad so not in a rush and think I will go for the Creative Collection as I don't won anything Fabfilter...next sale, there is always a sale!

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:22 pm I'll just go ahead and leave this here :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l8rJJvBf-s
Hey peeps, in case anyone missed this, there is a good deal on - https://newloops.com/

:D

preset designers!! this one needs... more presets.

am a music-maker, i never make sounds from scratch (but modify things a lot). and i need... MORE SOUNDS.... :tantrum:

fisherKing wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:10 pm preset designers!! this one needs... more presets.

am a music-maker, i never make sounds from scratch (but modify things a lot). and i need... MORE SOUNDS.... :tantrum:
you need synths with random buttons, Bleass Omega and Alpha are very good
buy now
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:32 pm
fisherKing wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:10 pm preset designers!! this one needs... more presets.

you need synths with random buttons, Bleass Omega and Alpha are very good
buy now
not what i need. i find sounds that work, and amend them as needed. not looking for random moments...

Will do. There is a bunch more coming for sure but time table is a bit unclear as of right now. I still haven't heard back from FabFilter about the possible MPE update (they haven't even confirmed if it will actually happen).

Maybe I can do a kind of "alpha" test for some of the presets in a few weeks? Note that they will be unorganized and messy though.

Return to “Instruments”