Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

You could create a slider or an xy pad in the modulation section and assign a single parameter to it. It's also possible to assign MIDI CCs to most parameters (via MIDI Learn).

uselessmind wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:27 am The Problem ist that afaik there are no knobs for single parameters, and to adjust only frequency or peak i need to use the Mouse and Alt on the keyboard.
Still don't understand what your problem is. If you want finer adjustment you just hold SHIFT while dragging whatever knob you want to adjust....
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Marty90 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:44 am You could create a slider or an xy pad in the modulation section and assign a single parameter to it. It's also possible to assign MIDI CCs to most parameters (via MIDI Learn).
Midi CC i tried, but it seems only absolute values are supported so thats ultimately not so useful for me.
The Modulation Slider idea is something i could try and see how that interferes with other modulation, maybe thats a nice workaround.
Still seems strange to me for such a simple thing for almost every other synth, including Twin1 and 2.
Andy is a support ninja.

sQeetz wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:49 am
uselessmind wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:27 am The Problem ist that afaik there are no knobs for single parameters, and to adjust only frequency or peak i need to use the Mouse and Alt on the keyboard.
Still don't understand what your problem is. If you want finer adjustment you just hold SHIFT while dragging whatever knob you want to adjust....
What i would like is to say adjust only filter cutoff while still having a hand free to play notes while creating a sound.
In Twin2 i would just use the Mouse with the filter frequency knob.
In Twin3 i have the option to use the mouse + Alt on the keyboardm having to use both hands
Without alt key there will be accidental changes to cutoff or resonance sooner or later.
Andy is a support ninja.

You just grab and drag it? In a DAW like Ableton Live you can, with a click of the Mouse tell what the XY pad on every plugin instance should control. There are so many ways to do this, that it practically translates to being just overly lazy...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

uselessmind wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:17 am I am trying to get along with Twin3 as it gives interface Scaling over Twin 2

But it seems there is no way in the GUI to sweep through filter cutoff or resonance with one hand.

What am i missing here?
I also tried using my Novation Mk2s endless decoders relative mode, but it seems Twin 3 has no support for those?

So how do people finetune and find sweet spots with Twin3.
Am i left to recording a sequence and looping, then using two hands to adjust a single paramenter?
In live i use the configure option in device view and select global cutoff and resonance.

Then I control it from Push. Ezy
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 pm
In live i use the configure option in device view and select global cutoff and resonance.

I see, i will look into what that does and what the counterpart in my DAW is.
Thanks
Andy is a support ninja.

rod_zero wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:52 pm In live i use the configure option in device view and select global cutoff and resonance.

Turns out that helped me to find a workaround. Thanks a lot.
I am still baffled that Fabfilter would remove the option to just use gui elements to easily control this.
Andy is a support ninja.

I still don't understand the issue. Somebody explain? You can control absolutely everything with MIDI CC directly from Twin3 and map it directly within Twin3. It is SUPER simple. Here is an example for a single filter in Twin3:

1) You hit the MIDI LEARN button
2) You click the filter node, the filters parameter box pops up
3) You click the Cutoff value/number field
4) You move your MIDI CC controller

Done...

Same can be done for Resonance, Filter Type, Filter Slope, Filter Pan.. heck you can even map the individual filters ON/OFF button!

There is _nothing_ that can't be easily mapped within Twin3. You don't need _any_ workarounds at all. It. Just. Works.

In case the instructions were unclear, here is a link to a quick screen capture demonstrating this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1px4tLg ... sp=sharing
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:41 am
I still don't understand the issue. Somebody explain? You can control absolutely everything with MIDI CC directly from Twin3 and map it directly within Twin3. It is SUPER simple.
It is super simple.
Its not what i was looking for originally, i was looking into it as a workaround to my GUI troubles.
Then i discovered it was not sufficient as Twin itself only supports absolute value modes.

But to my original problem:
If i want to use the GUI and a Mouse, to change Cutoff or Resonance only, according to the user manual i need to also press Alt, correct?
If so i have no hand free to play any notes.
Andy is a support ninja.

So not Midi CC mapping?

If you want to only control cutoff or resonance with mouse (so as not to mistakenly move the other) then the workaround is to assign a slider for it. This way you can control it without a modifier and still get great control over how wide a range you want to cover (which means you get to choose the precision).

Basically what you are asking for, controlling something while playing, is indeed best done with controllers on your keyboard. The limitation here being, like you discovered, absolute values for knobs. It would be cool though if FabFilter implemented continuous or "catch up" mode where the controller only takes over when it passes the current position of the filter. May be worth shooting them an email about this or post on their forum as a feature request.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Do you guys/girls think Twin 3 can approximate the various filter types in the Matrix 12 V?
dedication to flying

zvenx wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:29 pm Thanks for sharing.

Is it just me but it doesn't sound that good in the Out soon video?
rsp
Despite this I bought it and it sounds really good.
but haven't some issues with it.

posted some on their forum and emailed one.

The Arp is out of sync in Cubendo 12, vst3, macintel.

Top one is the midi and the second track is the bounced version of it... some notes are out of sync and it isn't the same notes or by the same amount as it loops.
Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 7.01.53 PM.jpg

My other comments posted on their forum were:

Hi, Finally bought it on the last day of the sale that ended yesterday.

Really like the sound.
Wish there were more presets.

I think I am getting more and more averted to FF GUI's, but that is generally for another convo and another time.

I have two issues though.
Cubendo Mac Intel, vst3.

Ever so often I am getting stuck notes... Mostly I think it is when I am auditioning Arp patches and maybe change the preset before all my notes off or after touch offs have been completed and whatever patch I next select plays automatically.. even turning off the arp the note is stuck, turning back on arp, arp plays the patch again etc... only way to stop it is to remove that instance of Twin 2.

But I find the preset browser particularly annoying..
(apart from the fact that since I am on both mac and pc, and there is no easy way to transfer favourited info from one to the other since presetcache.dat file seems to store absolution location of patch as opposed to relative which would allow easier platform swapping), but the preset browser is one too small imho and what is worse, is that it would be nice to right click over the patch whilst in the browser (I know I can do it at the top when it is loaded) to favourite it, but when I select a patch and move to the right column to favourite it, if I accidentally go to far and go onto the gui of the synth, the browser closes and I have to open it to continue, or often if I accidentally move my mouse down (to the next patch) before I get it over to the right column to favourite it, it now shows the info of the wrong, next patch instead of the selected patch.

Please address these issues.

Also forgot to ask why if I choose favourites at the top by the search, it doesn't show them in each category, alphabetically?
thanks
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

are there any 3rd-party soundsets out there? (i already have the NL Pro & Orpheus sets)...

This is the first sound bank released for Twin 3

It's currently 28% off and has a free demo to download: https://newloops.com/products/twin-pro- ... -3-presets

Return to “Instruments”