Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

DP
Last edited by Biome_Digital on Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cepheus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:42 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:21 pm Anyone grabbed these yet? :D
Yes, I did. Some very nice presets in there and also fifferent ones when compared to the factoty sounds. The packafe shows a good use of the filtering capacity of Twin3 which is like you said the strength of this synth.

With respect to that, I was wondering what it would bring if Twin would get a comb filter with Fabfilter quality. I saw huge improvements of synthesis possibilities in other synths when they got a comb filter, eg Hive2.
Thank you :) :tu:

Yes, I agree, more filter options like Comb/Phaser would be good. Like Serum or Pigments. Hive 2 has some interesting sideband/reverb filters, but what other synth has "exotic" filters?

Vital has some Osc mode that are actually super cool filters.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Including a "draw your own filter" within that osc mode... (in the latest 1.5.5 version).

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:09 am Including a "draw your own filter" within that osc mode... (in the latest 1.5.5 version).
Oh wow, that sounds good, I'll check that out. :tu:

Just have to post this video here as I stumbled upon it. Some absolutely fantastic use of the synth and the sounds it comes with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6lx-yTgksk
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 pm Just have to post this video here as I stumbled upon it. Some absolutely fantastic use of the synth and the sounds it comes with!

I think he could do this with any synth. The sound itself is nothing exceptional (to me).

bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 pm Just have to post this video here as I stumbled upon it.
this video already has its own thread:
viewtopic.php?t=594573

christian f. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:03 am
bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 pm Just have to post this video here as I stumbled upon it. Some absolutely fantastic use of the synth and the sounds it comes with!

I think he could do this with any synth. The sound itself is nothing exceptional (to me).
I'm biased of course but I do agree with you. Talented people can make absolutely everything sound good in context of a whole song.

muki wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:56 am
bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:31 pm Just have to post this video here as I stumbled upon it.
this video already has its own thread:
viewtopic.php?t=594573
Ah totally missed it!

bmanic wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:50 pm
christian f. wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:03 am

I'm biased of course but I do agree with you. Talented people can make absolutely everything sound good in context of a whole song.
Still, it shows that the twin 3 is a top premium substractive synthesis synth. On par with diva or Serum in term of sound.

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 pm Still, it shows that the twin 3 is a top premium substractive synthesis synth. On par with diva or Serum in term of sound.
Not in my opinion. Twin 3 is 2nd tier to me.

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:34 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:15 pm Still, it shows that the twin 3 is a top premium substractive synthesis synth. On par with diva or Serum in term of sound.
Not in my opinion. Twin 3 is 2nd tier to me.
Not in my opinion. Twin 3 is 1st tier to me.

It’s mezzanine tier to me, not top tier, not second tier, it’s right there with U-he :)

Im not sure if this was mentioned. But considered how HQ this instrument sounds its very cpu efficient.

Return to “Instruments”