Fabfilter Twin 3 --Released Feb. 7th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3 Pro Expansion - Twin 3 Presets

surely ANYONE opening the GUI for the first time is gonna be thinking WTF.
TimelessGUI1.jpg
It's a delay plugin, where's the (synced) delay time!????

oh yeah, this tiny button with a symbol that resembles nothing i've ever seen.
TimelessGUI2.jpg
Then click, select delay time, menu closes, click it again, select dotted.

It's just insane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The prices for Twin 3 appeared at JRR: 129,- for the full version, 65,- for the upgrade. It's not up at Fabfilter's website, but the upgrade price I'm getting for Twin 2 in combination with the products I already own is 51,60. I assume that is going to be the same for when Twin 3 is released later today.

outnow

Looks interesting, but I have to say I dislike the new abstract UI style a lot. It seems very hard to get an "at a glance" quick feeling of where things are because it's like ... everything is just floating in this dark space. Too many visual gimmick effects, why not keep it simple?

I hope they open up custom skinning for 3rd party themes like U-He and others.

it looks much better now :hyper:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I got a free upgrade.
God it looks gorgeous.
I just hoped they'd implement oddsound MTS :(

finally preset browser update, hope all plugins get it. looks better.
great upgrade

The filters, esp. the eq ones sound incredible nice for coloration. But I do not understand, is the eq applied on voice level, or on the sum?

I very much appreciate the size and scaling options. But the interface while easy on the eyes seems cumbersome to work with.
As mentioned above its hard to get an idea of whats going on quickly. Submenus showing settings only when hovering over stuff etc.
So far i am not very impressed but i will probably upgrade eventually just for the scaling options and it still sounds nice.
Andy is a support ninja.

Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am I got a free upgrade.
God it looks gorgeous.

great upgrade
oddsound MTS is supported, actually, on top of being able to load tuning files.

RoelofVK wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:49 am
Ploki wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am I got a free upgrade.
God it looks gorgeous.

great upgrade
oddsound MTS is supported, actually, on top of being able to load tuning files.
AND IT IS.
I somehow missed it.
not only that it also shows the name of the scale in use!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am The filters, esp. the eq ones sound incredible nice for coloration. But I do not understand, is the eq applied on voice level, or on the sum?
It's four filters and you can select the routing on the button next to the filter view

This gui/ux does not make sense to me for a synth.

quite a good basic synth..

some stuff;

.no way to re-order the fx. A chorus after reverb and delay? Can be fun, but all the time?? Weird decision
.ringmod between osc 1 and 2 / osc 3 and 4, but no FM, PM, AM, crossmod...bummer
.only 6 lfo's...
.no way to change osc's (types) with modulation (internal, per voice)
.some nice filter types, but i would really like to see some other choices; no combfilter?
.no gate control in the arpeggiator
.no crossmodulation between LFO's (LFO 1 modulating speed of LFO 2 -> LFO 2 modulating speed of LFO 1; not allowed...)
.ARP speed cannot be modulated (internal)

i dunno...it sounds really good, but i hope they add some extra stuff to spice stuff up.
Last edited by exmatproton on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”