Encountered a new crash in Speedrum (1.4.8/Linux)

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I just encountered a crash in Speedrum that I can replicate quite reliably. It occurs when I click on the previous/next/random sample buttons in the layer section, but ONLY if it's the first thing I click in Speedrum after loading a project and opening the GUI. The host immediately quits with a segmentation fault.

Clicking the buttons after doing something else (changing pads etc) would seem to work fine, which is probably why I haven't encountered this bug before... EDIT: after a little more testing, I think it is necessary to actually switch pads to prevent the crash from happening. Just tweaking some of the other knobs etc doesn't seem to be enough.

I'm using REAPER 6.75 on Ubuntu 22.10 (Gnome/X11).
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

Thank you for reporting it.

There is a new beta on the Discord channel, which should have fixed this bug

Hmm, I just installed 1.4.9 and I'm still getting the same crash.

Hmm, ok... It seems to be related to Linux... and unrelated to the fixed bug, I'll investigate

To clarify, it only seems to happen when it's a freshly loaded instance of the plugin, either due to loading a saved project in REAPER or disabling and re-enabling the plugin instance. Simply closing and re-opening the UI doesn't seem enough to cause it, the plugin must actually be newly loaded. And like I said, it only happens when I haven't changed pads in the UI since loading the plugin.

I noticed while testing just now that it doesn't actually instantly crash. If I click on one of the sample change buttons *only once*, the waveform display seems frozen and nothing happens. Then if I continue clicking on the buttons, it'll likely segfault. It might take a few clicks, however, and it looks like the waveform alternately freezes and changes... But if after the first click I close the UI window and re-open, the waveform has now changed and seems to work. Except the same thing will continue to happen when clicking on the sample change buttons without changing pads.

I hope that helps at all in tracking the bug down.

Yes, got also crashes on Linux while using the sample change buttons. Something is wrong here but it's hard to reproduce it just happens from time to time for me.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”