Anyone got a reliable UK source for cheap, low-capacity micro SD cards

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got a fair few devices/projects that use micro SD cards that cant actually use more than about 4Gb, and dont seem to work with cards larger than 32Gb I think.
Larger and larger cards are getting cheaper and cheaper, but getting hold of anything smaller than 16Gb for reasonable prices gets harder all the time. One Amazon, branded 2Gb micro SD can cost more than 32Gb versions.

Anyone know of a decent supplier of reliable (ie preferably branded) SD cards in the 1-4Gb range?

I can get unbranded 16Gb and 32Gb cards for less than £5, so would be nice to find the size I actually want in the £1-£3 price range. Looking for at least 10, probably over 20 of them in the long term.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

given the resounding no implied by the lack of responses, I tried ebay and direct-fae-china. 1Gb, Sandisk-branded, £2.91 each, I think it was. Got four delivered in about a fortnight, all checked out as working, so ordered another batch of eleven from the same seller, which came in quite a bit faster, 8 or 9 days I think.

Still pricier than I would have liked but cheaper than anything Ive seen in the UK.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”